"Vagina Bones"???? I Guess it's Something New to Gamers

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
308Mike

"Vagina Bones"???? I Guess it's Something New to Gamers

Post by 308Mike »

LOL!!! I couldn't believe it when I first heard about it and then read about it!! Here's a little education - and THAT is all it is, is the shadow pockets in front of the hip bones when a woman moves - on both sides of the image below's woman's belt buckle (VAGINA BONES - LOL!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) - they're not even CLOSE to the vagina:
[spoiler]
Vagina Bones1_1.jpg
Gamers think ‘vagina bones’ exist—and want them to stop getting censored
Jay Hathaway—

2016-05-17 01:35 pm | Last updated 2017-02-24 07:35 pm

It’s an outdated cliché that video game nerds know absolutely nothing about the female anatomy (because they’ve never seen a woman naked). It’s a lame joke rooted in decades-old jocks vs. nerds stereotypes, and it’s probably time we move past it, right?

I’d say yes, but gamers on Twitter are at this moment seriously upset over the “censorship” of female characters’ “vagina bones.”

Vagina bones. Let that one sink in for a minute. Roll it around on your tongue. It might be the most beautiful two-word phrase in video gaming.
Vagina Bones is the cellar door of video game Twitter.

— Chris Person (@Papapishu) May 17, 2016
How did we get here, so far afield from women’s actual body parts—which include beloved classics like pubic bones, the mons pubis, and the labia, but do not, according to medical professionals, include “vagina bones”?

Let’s return to the beginning, when a gamer noticed some disturbing differences between the Japanese and Western versions of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. He decided to report it to Censored Gaming, a Twitter and YouTube account that makes note of “censorship” in games—mainly, any change that makes the women in the games less nude.

In this case, not only did some of this female character’s cleavage vanish, but “they also removed her vagina bones.”

Holy shit! That sounds painful and gruesome.
@CensoredGaming_ #TokyoMirageSessions Not only did they remove her cleavage, but they also removed her vagina bones. pic.twitter.com/lrTXuU99tZ

— Sebban (@Sebban_E) May 13, 2016
This lack of anatomical knowledge was swiftly and mercilessly mocked, and “vagina bones” grew into a legit meme overnight.
@Sebban_E @CensoredGaming_ Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, vagina-bones, vagina-bones.

— Devin Kelly (@DevinKelly20) May 14, 2016
Waiting for a video where a gamergater steals a prop skeleton from their high school biology class to prove vagina bones exist
— YOU GOT THAT WRONG (@NotFaulty) May 17, 2016

please. vagina bones was my father’s name.

— mat jones (@pillowfort) May 17, 2016
I learned about the “Vagina Bones” controversy so you wouldn’t have to. The best part is the one who started it is like a dog on the freeway

— Jason Scott (@textfiles) May 17, 2016
“Men have vagina bones too! It is so! Do not repress my truth!!” I scream as I am forcibly ejected from the Gamestop

— mcc (@mcclure111) May 16, 2016
[old man voice] “i was there when vagina bones first happened. when some idiot on /a/ saw an anime girl and didnt know what a pelvis was–“

✨✨✨✨ (@_butwhowasfone) May 14, 2016
*sees image of video game woman’s crotch* Holy shit, the vagina bones…they’re gone!

— YOU GOT THAT WRONG (@NotFaulty) May 14, 2016
im they guy video game companies pay if they want to remove vagina bones from their 3D women. I make $4000 dollars an hour

— YOU GOT THAT WRONG (@NotFaulty) May 14, 2016
vagina bones
vagina bones
they’ve been stolen out of your homes
social justice warriors
it’s their fault
curse those curs
look out! etc.

— renegade jon™ (@jonrosenberg) May 14, 2016
God took a rib out of Adam and from that he created the vagina bones from which Eve was formed

— YOU GOT THAT WRONG (@NotFaulty) May 17, 2016
Of course, Censored Gaming still retweeted the original “vagina bones” complaint, and some gamers, sincere in their outrage, were upset that the jokes were distracting from the true scandal here: vidyagame cens0rsh1pz!
@Sebban_E @CensoredGaming_ Her what?! lol… But seriously this kind of thing bothers me – it’s perfectly fine on comics for kids, but not..

— Gargantuan Orangutan (@Orangutangerine) May 13, 2016
@Sebban_E @CensoredGaming_ that’s how dedicated they were to censoring haha

— Bishie Fanatic ^_^ (@SerenveCraft) May 13, 2016
@Sebban_E @CensoredGaming_ tfw your point will now be ignored by censorship-apologists because of bad wording.

— (-_-) (@CyberBrigadier) May 14, 2016
I’m rolling my eye-bones so hard at all of this.

It’s important to note, though, that “vagina bones” has a storied history in nerd circles. Circa 2011 or 2012, an anime fan translation group wrote a hilariously bad subtitle for the series Yumekui Merry.
[center]Image[/center]

“Couldn’t you have found a swimsuit that shows off Merry’s vagina bones a little better?”

The mistranslation is infamous on anime forums like 4chan‘s /a/, so it’s possible that @sebban_e was referencing it in his awkward censorship complaint.

Or maybe not.
It’s amazing what can happen when you use two words together. You get laughs, confused looks, anger and tips of taking anatomy classes.

— Sebban (@Sebban_E) May 14, 2016
Either way, the old meme is mainstream and getting a second act on Twitter, all because of his careful attention to… vagina bones.
[/spoiler]
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Steamforger

Re: "Vagina Bones"???? I Guess it's Something New to Gamers

Post by Steamforger »

Given that approximately one half of the gamers I personally know happen to own and operate vaginas, I'd say the title falls flat on it's face.

Also given that definition #2 of vagina bones here goes back to 2011, this also fails being something new.

Lastly, and maybe this is colored by my personal experience, but the gamers I personally know are not basement-bound, jobless, stereotypes. Examples include myself- a project engineer running $230 million in large cap projects, a VP of a southland construction company, a board certified cardiologist (Mississippi), a Baylor PHD candidate studying colo-rectal and testicular cancer stem cell therapy, a software engineer at MS, a successful games designer, another software engineer who's employer I won't disclose but designs UI's for the military and some air to ground applications, a lawyer who also happens to hold an LLM in taxation, an executive for a very well known manufacturer of household bleach, a schoolteacher, an electrician, a long haul truck driver, an IT manager for the NYSE, some stay at home mom's, and a couple of retired folk.

What this does appear to be is the result of a slow news day.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I don't know, there is only one vagina that I get a good look at, it it seems that when I do it does in fact have a bone in it; so...... ;)
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Vonz
:lol: :lol: :lol:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
toad

Post by toad »

Let's see if I can recall this joke correctly. There was a dinner party in England and at the end the talk turned to what was up with friends. One couple couldn't make. It turned out the husband had been in an automobile accident and had suffered grievous injury to his penis. One lady said, "Oh dear! did it break the bone? '' The others eyed her husband and said "capitol show old man.".