New MHI Book Coming Out

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Jered

New MHI Book Coming Out

Post by Jered »

PSA: Amazon has a preorder of Grunge for preorder, and it's going to be released on August 2.

John Ringo and the ILOH collaborate.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Durham68

Re: New MHI Book Coming Out

Post by Durham68 »

Just hoping it ships on time so I can have it for vacation. Feels like this one took a while. I got spoiled alternating between MHI and GC releases.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
BobbyK

Post by BobbyK »

Grunge is most excellent*. Shorter than the others, but still most excellent.

This review was based on an Advance Reader Copy.
randy

Post by randy »

It's available in Baen's August 16 Monthly E-book bundle until 1 August If you only like one other book in the bundle, you break even, and more value if you like more books.

Since there are a couple of other books in the bundle that have been on my "someday" list, I'll probably pull the trigger on that one.

(I pretty much buy e-books these days. The last dead tree book I bought was gift. Also why I buy from Baen when possible: Multiple formats, no DRM, and I like my Aldiko reader better than than the Kindle app on my tablet).
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

You can tell that Larry didn't write it, but I think Ringo did a good job. The next one is (according to my daughter, who is friends with Ringo on Facebook, along with 5000 other people) better than this one.

And yeah, I totally geeked out, and go the eARC version as soon as it was available. The nice thing about Baen, is that once you buy something, you can download it in as many formats as you want, for no extra charge. Thus, I have the epub version for my Nook, and the mobi version for my tablet and phone.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Not sure I would have read past the first chapter or two if this was the first book in the series. I am thoroughly underwhelmed so far.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

Ringo said he wrote both Monster Hunter books in a month. Well I started reading Grunge yesterday and finished it this afternoon. Ringo needs to write faster.

And do another Kildar book.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I'd love to see some MHI fanfiction, specifically involving the Phrase "I'm just a guy on Vacation" :twisted:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt