LibertyCon29 - Anyone going?

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
First Shirt

LibertyCon29 - Anyone going?

Post by First Shirt »

It's set for July 8-10, in Chattanooga. Looks like a good time will be had by all.

If you see an old guy with a Savage Arms ballcap wandering around looking lost and/or confused, say "Hi!" It's probably me.

(Gonna have a word with the scheduling committee! I've got three things I have to go to, all at 11:00 AM on Saturday!!!)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Cybrludite

Re: LibertyCon29 - Anyone going?

Post by Cybrludite »

I wasn't able to swing it this year, but I'll certainly be going next year.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Lucky you! Have fun.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

We had a blast!!!! The Boss, who was attending her first ever sci-fi convention, was amazed at how pleasant everyone was, even the famous people, like John Ringo, and Larry Correia. (If you ask, Larry will go above-and-beyond to personalize an autographed book!)

Got to meet some folks that I've only met on-line, and got to renew acquaintances with folks I've known for several years.

So, yeah, a good time was had by all!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

I've pre-reged for next year.

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Last I heard (a few days ago) they'd already sold over 600 of the 750 registrations that they're limited to. Threatens to be a massive good time being had by all!
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Guncrazy

Post by Guncrazy »

I might have to crawl out of my shell and check out LCXXX. That's just down the street from me.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Come on out!!! But you'd better hurry, spaces are going fast!

One thing that I didn't pay attention to (because it didn't register), is that this is a very Red State get-together. Don't know how many people (besides myself) were carrying during the festivities, but I did note that a well-known photog had a spare magazine on his equipment belt.

I'd venture to bet that it's safer than DragonCon, or some of the other conventions.

John Ringo pointed out that you don't bother to ask "Has anybody got a knife?" You just say "Somebody give me a knife!"
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

First Shirt wrote:John Ringo pointed out that you don't bother to ask "Has anybody got a knife?" You just say "Somebody give me a knife!"
Reminds me of something that happened at MadCon 2010. If Harlan Ellison asks for a knife, and the con chair is in arms reach of him, do not hand him a knife...