Space Raptor Butt Invasion

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
slowpoke

Re: Space Raptor Butt Invasion

Post by slowpoke »

Jered wrote:
dfwmtx wrote:
SoupOrMan wrote:Maybe we should all write stuff for Hugo consideration.
Eris approves of this idea. Kallisti.
Do you mean Aerys Targaryen?
:roll:
Eris
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_(mythology)
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

So, kind of like Coyote?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Kinda, but with less Native American influence, more Greco-Roman influence with a large mix of 1950's/60's counter-culturalism (specifiically anti-establishmentism and conspiracy theory belief) and Zen/Sufi mysticism mixed in.

Kinda funny to see the stodgy old Hugo supporters trying to pretend the Puppies have have No Influence Whatsoever! upon the Hugos while alternatively trying desperately to shut them out. But what else do we expect from the folks Orwell warned us about.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
randy

Post by randy »

dfwmtx wrote:Kinda funny to see the stodgy old Hugo supporters trying to pretend the Puppies have have No Influence Whatsoever! upon the Hugos while alternatively trying desperately to shut them out.
Harrumph. For some of us that remember when the winners had names like Asimov, Haldeman, Herbert, Robinson Pournelle Niven, etc., the current crop of the "establishment" are the young punks. And I wish to hell they'd get off my lawn!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

randy wrote: Harrumph. For some of us that remember when the winners had names like Asimov, Haldeman, Herbert, Robinson Pournelle Niven, etc., the current crop of the "establishment" are the young punks. And I wish to hell they'd get off my lawn!
Damn straight! Can we kick them off now? Preferably after shooting a few?