The Revenant

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
dfwmtx

Re: The Revenant

Post by dfwmtx »

Should I have watched this instead of "Hateful Eight"?
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Rod

Post by Rod »

The latest issue of American Rifleman has an article about The Revenant it was NOT pretty. Two custom made rifles chopped up because...they could. The story has hardly anything to do with the truth, but most of the gear was great. Glass wasn't out for revenge, he wanted his rifle back. He never married a squaw and trying to load a pistol on horseback at a gallop is pretty nigh impossible. Those are a few of the high notes.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

OMG!! I'm SO GLAD we read your review before heading out to the theaters, even in theater supporting 70mm film with an appropriate screen!!!

We just rented the movie and discovered what all the noise was about. Leonardo certainly spent much more time on his belly than upright. At some point, we thought he might turn into an earthworm, if only the movie was a little more Al-Gore-type.

I almost fell asleep twice during the movie (my wife even asked me; "Are you asleep?"

The movie was so bad, if we'd paid full-price for it, I would've asked the management for a refund. I didn't even have high expectations, having already read and forgotten most of Aesop's review. This POS was a MAJOR flop, while the actors and some of the support staff had to endure bone-chilling temperatures for hours on end. They went through HELL to produce that flick, and for that reason alone, I'd say they deserve much more than a free pizza and some beer. :) ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

He's gone, dude.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop