13 Hours

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Dinochrome One

Re: 13 Hours

Post by Dinochrome One »

First Shirt wrote:
Dinochrome One wrote: I recognize the story; Revenant is a remake of the earlier Abandoned, which was taken from the mountain-man legend of Hugh Glass.
Glass was with a fur-trapping party in hostile indian territory and got himself mauled by an angry grizzly. That much was in the trailer
and the rest of the story would be spoilers.
I thought that was Man in the Wilderness with Richard Harris?
You're probably right,..... I just remember the basic theme.
Edit: That's the one, made in 1971 while I was overseas. Zachary Bass = Hugh Glass
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

Dinochrome One wrote:
First Shirt wrote:
Dinochrome One wrote: I recognize the story; Revenant is a remake of the earlier Abandoned, which was taken from the mountain-man legend of Hugh Glass.
Glass was with a fur-trapping party in hostile indian territory and got himself mauled by an angry grizzly. That much was in the trailer
and the rest of the story would be spoilers.
I thought that was Man in the Wilderness with Richard Harris?
You're probably right,..... I just remember the basic theme.
Edit: That's the one, made in 1971 while I was overseas. Zachary Bass = Hugh Glass
By the way, one of the men who abandoned him was supposed to be Jim Bridger.
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Just back from seeing 13 Hours.

Bravo Zulu, to those who served and sacrificed and also to those who told the story well.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story