Dear Lord:Mangina Alert!

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
skb12172

Dear Lord:Mangina Alert!

Post by skb12172 »

This piece of shite has to be read to be believed.

Link
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Old Grafton

Re: Dear Lord:Mangina Alert!

Post by Old Grafton »

I read two lines. That was too many. What a whiny beeyottch.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

It's Salon.

You need to find a healthier way to indulge your masochism, man. :lol:
randy

Post by randy »

On the plus side, I had never seen the Hillshire Farm "go meat" commercial. I doubt the author would approve of my enjoyment of the commercial, which is another plus.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

At such moments, I get the sense that I’ve fallen into a societal trap, one that reaffirms gender roles I’ve spent years trying to undo. The whole business feels retrograde, a relic of some earlier, less inclusive era.
Cooking is woman's work, right? How does this affirm gender roles he's spent years trying to undo? A less inclusive era? Get in the kitchen and fix me something. Like a samminch.
I take food prep a little too seriously, curtly brushing others out of the way when I step up to the kitchen counter.
Try t that at my house and the little SWMBO will run your ass out of the kitchen with a spatula.
In my online dating days, I tried to spin this fault as a feature, describing myself as “a finicky, meticulous cook.”
So, you admit that you lied on your eHarmony profile. What a putz. And a loser.
On reflection, I’m probably just kind of a jerk, but when I’m grilling I worry that I’ve become something even worse. Am I shoving others out of the way because it makes me feel like a man? Have I become some sort of monster?
No, not some kind, you're an actual jerk. And. when you're grilling, you're an asshole. And a pussy. And a jerk. No wonder no one wants to be around you.

The editors at Salon should gang up on this asshole and throw his desk out of a window.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

PawPaw wrote:
I take food prep a little too seriously, curtly brushing others out of the way when I step up to the kitchen counter.
Try t that at my house and the little SWMBO will run your ass out of the kitchen with a spatula.
Only a spatula? That's pretty mild - my mom would have started at a meat tenderizer and moved up to a large carving knife if he didn't get the message.

My wife, not so much, but that's mostly because she in the "I'm tired of cooking for ingrate children who only want mac & cheese" stage of life at the moment.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Unfortunately, he's probably their type of guy, except for the White-Privilege, Cis-Gendered part, but at least he tries to compensate through his self-loathing.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

skb12172 wrote: but at least he tries to compensate through his self-loathing.
Thanks, I snorted Coke through my nose when I read that.

And what is cis-gendered, anyway?
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Greg

Post by Greg »

PawPaw wrote:
skb12172 wrote: but at least he tries to compensate through his self-loathing.
Thanks, I snorted Coke through my nose when I read that.

And what is cis-gendered, anyway?
Means the gender he 'self-identifies' as matches his actual plumbing. Which is oppression.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Cis-gendered root noun is "cissy" :lol:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.