On the Topic of Burying the Stupid Needle

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
MarkD

On the Topic of Burying the Stupid Needle

Post by MarkD »

A guy I used to work with and for (a black guy, which is important for reasons that shall become clear) is a FB friend, and he "shared" a post from someone else that had a picture I describe below:

Four American coins, in this order left-to-right: quarter, dime, nickel, penny. Bear in mind that on these coins, Washington (quarter), FDR (dime) and Jefferson (nickel) all face left, Lincoln (penny) faces right. Also the quarter, nickel and dime are silver, the penny is copper. The picture had the following caption (with spelling as quoted):

"You see they turned there backs to him and made him brown because he freed the Slaves....SMFH"

Are you friggin' kidding me???

I was going to comment that they didn't like him because he's the only Republican in the bunch, but that might have made some heads explode. Besides, if someone is looking for evidence of racism, they'll find it.
Greg

Re: On the Topic of Burying the Stupid Needle

Post by Greg »

I have a FB friend who vehemently espouses the idea that a total gun ban, combined with a widespread program of buy backs, will remove all guns from circulation, forevermore.

I didn't have the heart to mention the example of the illegal drugs that he must surely be taking. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Good examples of why I am not on failbook.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Netpackrat wrote:Good examples of why I am not on failbook.
It's easy to keep track of the stupidity on Facebook, as long as you can see the feeds of left-wing people.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Everyone knows that you can "unfollow" people while still remaining friends, right?

I had to do that to a high school friend of mine. Dude (a Mennonite) went to school for ministry. Wound up spending a few years in Egypt. I began wondering if he was working for the CIA, as he speaks and writes fluent Arabic now. Then he posted a prayer after the San Bernadino shooting about how he "committed himself to finding connections between whiteness and violence."

I thought that I had a stroke. I had to re-read it a few times to ensure that I was correct in what I saw. *click* "unfollow". Done.
Greg

Post by Greg »

PawPaw wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Good examples of why I am not on failbook.
It's easy to keep track of the stupidity on Facebook, as long as you can see the feeds of left-wing people.
I don't *want* to live in a bubble. Living in a bubble makes you stupid, as the emanations of some of my FB friends amply demonstrates.

That and I have a few I still hope to talk sense into, before CWII kicks off.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr