Such People Deserve To Be Ruled

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
skb12172

Such People Deserve To Be Ruled

Post by skb12172 »

And Ruled Harshly, as Yogi once said. She wants to leave Yale? Buh-Bye!

Link
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Yogimus

Re: Such People Deserve To Be Ruled

Post by Yogimus »

Kings didn't become kings through their might but through their subjects' weakness.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

As I said on another thread, the older I get the more convinced I become that most people can't handle adulthood.

Most people are fit only to be ruled. A minority are fit only to be slaves. A tiny minority are capable of handling Liberty, and we're like the crabs being pulled back into the basket by the other crabs.

When I tell most people I'm Libertarian at heart they think it's cool because they'd like to legalize pot. Once I mention guns, or self ownership, or taking responsibility for your own fuck ups they don't find it so cool anymore. They like the idea of someone else being taxed to pay for their health care, vacation time, and $15 an hour barista job.
evan price

Post by evan price »

I had no clue what the female was screeching about, and I quickly decided I didn't give a f*ck, either.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

The dude she was yelling at? He and his wife are administrators at Yale. The wife sent out an email protesting the fact that certain "triggering" Halloween costumes were being banned on campus. The screecher and her minions were supporting the ban. It was big news back in October.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Termite

Post by Termite »

MarkD wrote:When I tell most people I'm Libertarian at heart they think it's cool because they'd like to legalize pot. Once I mention guns, or self ownership, or taking responsibility for your own fuck ups they don't find it so cool anymore.
When asked, I usually describe myself to people as a "morally and fiscally conservative classic liberal". A rare few actually "get it", the majority simply look confused...... :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."