Thanksgiving Movie Watching

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Greg

Re: Thanksgiving Movie Watching

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:Oh, right. Now I remember!

Also, taking David along to search for the base to activate so it can go kill earth? With one small duffle bag of canned food? Writing off the life form blip as a glitch? Pulling their helmets off inside the pyramid while laughing? Keeping them off while knowing Charlie (?) is really sick? Not letting Vickers's robe fall open after she's undressed after doing her pushups?

So many mistakes.
Running in a straight line. :lol:

I've never seen the movie, but after it came out there was a bit of a cottage industry in utoob videos of all the stupid in the movie.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Steamforger

Re: Thanksgiving Movie Watching

Post by Steamforger »

It's a beautifully done movie. Technically, I don't know if you can raise the bar much higher.

The complete lack of ANY common sense is appalling. Maybe that was the point though, thinking on it a bit. Maybe the android was supposed to be the crafty, wiley, stab you in the back sombitch, while most of the real humans were the dumbest smart people in the room.