The Campbell's Soup Ad

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Darrell

The Campbell's Soup Ad

Post by Darrell »

The ad plays on the Star Wars' "Luke, I am your father" theme, with two gay dads both saying it to the little boy who's having Campbell's Soup. I'm sorry, maybe I'm a troglodyte, but that ad bothers me. What say you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rZOMY2sOnE

The Chewbacca bit at the end really puts the point on the exclamation, so to speak.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
AlaskaTRX

Re: The Campbell's Soup Ad

Post by AlaskaTRX »

That's pretty fucking gay, alright. More shit from the relative morality crowd that preach inclusion and tolerance, unless it is something that they disagree with, of course.
Jered

Post by Jered »

How do two dudes end up with a kid?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Jered wrote:How do two dudes end up with a kid?
Apparently by kissing their sister.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Ya, not overwhelmed with happiness......
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

To be quite honest, the only thing that bothers me about this is that, like most commercials of this type, it's painfully saccharine and corny. They could've done a similar commercial with a straight couple and it'd still be "gayer than AIDS."
Last edited by Jericho941 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

It just might backfire. Call it the Trump effect. People are really getting fed up with a lot of different shit.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Denis

Post by Denis »

[Mod hat on]

Gentlefolks, please be sure your comments are about the ad, or society, or soup, or whatever, and not simply an expression of antipathy towards homosexuals.

[Mod hat off]
toad

Post by toad »

Dennis:
Here in the US the left wing LGBT crowd and Social Justice Warriors as they are known here, has pretty much infiltrated and taken over a lot of institutions of education and culture. They've been abusing children and adult students more and more. People have been pulling their students out os schools to avoid them and they recent these tax eaters greatly. The "gay" community thought everything would be just fine with gay marriage on the agenda, but now the word gay and homosexual means left wing pedophile.
The word "Tolerance" of Homosexuals now means enabler of insane pedophiles in the US and smug, "I'm better than you 'cause I'm tolerant" positions doesn't go very far here anymore.