No Punkin Chunkin again this year

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Rich Jordan

No Punkin Chunkin again this year

Post by Rich Jordan »

Their announcement

There was/is a small one in Aurora CO this weekend, but the big one got cancelled again, apparently they can't find an insurer for the event.

Events page

Sad. Even though the televised version had been degraded to a 'reality personalities' showcase, it was still fun to watch, and more fun just to know it was happening.
HTRN

Re: No Punkin Chunkin again this year

Post by HTRN »

Rich Jordan wrote:There was/is a small one in Aurora CO this weekend, but the big one got cancelled again, apparently they can't find an insurer for the event.
Yeah sad, but hardly surprising - I'm amazed it hasn't happened sooner, as shooting pnuematic artillery in a parabolic trajectory, with less than consistent ammo is a question of "when" not "if" something goes wrong.

And out of curiousity I just looked up the record - it was set in 2011 by "big 10 inch" in Utah, and was over a mile.. :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

And people wonder why I want one of those pneumatic cannons in my back yard, HTRN... one which just kinda sorta happens to be pointed in the same direction as the state capitol building. I mean, who would have thought to put a building filled with politicians within punkin chunkin range?

The biggest challenge will be ensuring any payload of rotten fruit and vegtables makes it to the point of impact.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Dang. I was looking forward to it again. My cousin is on one of the regular competitor teams with a trebuchet.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
toad

Post by toad »

For some reason I keep thinking about how Methyl Ethyl Ketone leaves no residue when it burns.