Shotgun wedding, anyone?

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Denis

Shotgun wedding, anyone?

Post by Denis »

Darrell

Re: Shotgun wedding, anyone?

Post by Darrell »

When I was a little kid, on two occasions the parents got phone calls from older brothers' girlfriends' parents, then both sets of parents met late at night, bundled the brothers and girlfriends into their cars, and drove to Oklahoma. They returned very late at night/very early in the morning, suddenly married. Hey, I grew up thinking that was how people got married. ;)

Oh, Oklahoma's laws on marriage didn't have a waiting period, or something of the sort. I just thought everybody went to Oklahoma to get married.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Denis

Post by Denis »

Darrell wrote:When I was a little kid, on two occasions ...
Wow.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

At least they did "the honorable thing" back then. People rarely bother nowadays.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Denis

Post by Denis »

Darrell wrote:At least they did "the honorable thing" back then. People rarely bother nowadays.
Quite.

http://www.songteksten.nl/songteksten/3 ... -river.htm

Brother no. 2 was a slightly slow learner, perhaps... or did brother no. 1 not clue him in in time?
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Denis wrote:
Darrell wrote:At least they did "the honorable thing" back then. People rarely bother nowadays.
Quite.

http://www.songteksten.nl/songteksten/3 ... -river.htm

Brother no. 2 was a slightly slow learner, perhaps... or did brother no. 1 not clue him in in time?
Oh, #2 had a couple years' warning after #1's misadventure. Looking back, I can see why our parents were concerned about me and my high school sweetheart ten years later. ;)
Eppur si muove--Galileo