Larry Correia Fisks the NYT

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Jered

Larry Correia Fisks the NYT

Post by Jered »

Click me! for an article about manliness.

Here's a sample:
Who the hell buys shoes for their wife? As you grow older you will learn that many women like to shop for clothing and shoes. No. I don’t understand it either. But as a manly man, your duty is to work and provide money to your woman, so that she may go and do this sort of thing if she wants.

As for knowing sizes, no. As children, your mother buys clothes for you. Right now your requests for her seem to be “Get a shirt with Deadpool on it” and that is good. But as men large of stature you will eventually purchase your own clothing from the Extra Large Casual Male Outlet or the Cabella’s Catalog.

For you who are descended from giants, you know man sizes starts at 2XL (or 3X if you need to carry your pistol concealed under an untucked shirt) and shoes sizes begin at 15, but unlike the wimpy New York Times reporter, manly men understand that all men are different, and we do not judge them, even if they shop in the children’s section.

As for knowing your woman’s sizes, no. Your mother owns like 40 pairs of running shoes. She doesn’t even know which brands run big or small, and she has a uterus.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Darrell

Re: Larry Correia Fisks the NYT

Post by Darrell »

I didn't even have to click to know what it's about--it's the 27 Ways To Be A Modern Man, from the NY(spit)T. It's been making a splash on the interwebs the last couple of days. Is it supposed to be comedy? :roll:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/fa ... .html?_r=0

Per the Gun Counter's reason for existing:
25. The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn’t own one, and he never will.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

So the modern man is Carrie Bradshaw, then?
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Letting Larry (aka The International Lord of Hate) fisk this piece of drizzle is like letting a Rottweiler take a T-Bone steak from a toy poodle. The question is not "can he do it?", the question is "How much damage will he do in the process, and will there be any pieces left to recover when he's finished?"
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Darrell wrote:I didn't even have to click to know what it's about--it's the 27 Ways To Be A Modern Man, from the NY(spit)T. It's been making a splash on the interwebs the last couple of days. Is it supposed to be comedy? :roll:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/fa ... .html?_r=0

Per the Gun Counter's reason for existing:
25. The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn’t own one, and he never will.
He will be subjugated by one who does.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Somebody needs to rewrite that for Chuck Norris.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

How to be a friend zone beta male and rarely, if ever, get laid.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
BDK

Post by BDK »

I disagree that a man shouldn't know his wife's measurements. All you have to know is her sizes/fit in a "major" label and the nicer ones will know how to convert.

Shoes could be tricky, though. But height, measurements and a VS bra size will pretty much get you close w anything else.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

BDK wrote:I disagree that a man shouldn't know his wife's measurements. All you have to know is her sizes/fit in a "major" label and the nicer ones will know how to convert.

Shoes could be tricky, though. But height, measurements and a VS bra size will pretty much get you close w anything else.
My wife doesn't like the way I shop for myself. No way she'd let me shop for her, even if I wanted to.

Clerk: May I help you?
Me: Throw a white shirt in the bag. 17-1/2 and 34.

Or:

Me: That looks like it ought to fit and might go with everything else I own. (throws it in the cart)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

skb12172 wrote:How to be a friend zone beta male and rarely, if ever, get laid.
No, the way to be friend zoned is to be a clingy disingenuous bitch to some woman who's probably only giving you the time of day to be nice. The way to be a beta male is to be a non-human animal viewed through an outdated pack hierarchy model.

This guy probably hardly ever gets laid though, no argument there :lol: