Epicaricacy Alert: "The View" Steps On Its Ovaries Again

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Catbird

Re: Epicaricacy Alert: "The View" Steps On Its Ovaries Again

Post by Catbird »

The Lesson: Don't make snide comments about someone's work tools unless you know their job better than they do.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

And once again we see that Hollywood is NOT "the land of the big brains." Mrs. O watches "The Talk" pretty regularly, why I cannot say. I occasionally am bombarded by partial episodes, as she time-shifts them and I don't get my headphones on fast enough. I won't watch ANYthing with Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, or even that "icon of journalism" Baba Wawa in it. Fortunately, I don't have to. Similarly, "The Talk" has as its elder stateswoman that pillar of moral rectitude Sharon Osbourne. Excuse me, this woman is married to the self-proclaimed Prince of Darkness. Her opinions and pronouncements should be greeted with even more skepticism than those of the primary host, whose other gig is as the host of "Big Brother." But just because most sensible people wouldn't let their eyes within ten feet of that crap, it doesn't mean they don't have reach and influence. I'm (probably inordinately) happy to see "The View" taken down a peg or two. Their proper place is in the basement of an outhouse.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

1) My numbers were napkin spitball math. No other accounting is possible.
2) As noted here, Hollywood Accounting would get you a seat in federal prison in any other industry.
3) J&J is #35 on Fortune's list of top US Companies. Disney, with all its tentacles (ABC/Marvel/Star Wars/Muppets/etc.) is a comparatively measly #65. J&J, the largest US pharmaceutical company, cancelling anyone's daytime ad buy, is A Thing.
4) As of now, The Spew has lost five sponsors for that 15 seconds of truth, and they probably only started with 10 or 12 in the first place.
I promise you, the front office for that show is shitting kittens about now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And given a choice between sponsors and Joy Bewhore, her ass will be sailing through the air towards the curb at the speed of boot if they see dumping her, correctly, as the best mea culpa to solve their image problem. I can also assure you WDC has no desire to be known nationwide as The Corporation That Hates Nurses.

All of which is extremely funny, in a dulce et decorum est sort of way.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
toad

Post by toad »

Given the prejudices of network management, they would probably cancel the show and replace it. The replacement would have a different name, and have a different cast, but they would have the same old viewpoint of the bubble living media. "Well have smarter people doing it this time and the concept will work!" Then a few months later after the "new" show bombs and they'll roll out the alter and sacrifice someone higher up the food chain, rinse, repeat, as it ever was, as it will always be....until it isn't. Of course upper management is getting to old to fight the gypsies over the meat scraps in the dumpster behind the steak house.