The Gun Range, a place to meet chicks?

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
toad

The Gun Range, a place to meet chicks?

Post by toad »

Well I hear more women are showing up at gun ranges and that got me to thinking....sorta. I figure if they have purchased a gun they've cleared the criminal back ground check. They will have some interest in common. Maybe I can help one remove a hot case from her cleavage? :twisted:
Gunnuts

Re: The Gun Range, a place to meet chicks?

Post by Gunnuts »

Nice thought, but realistically, more women at the range will more likely have a similar effect on the range experience as more women in the workplace has on the workplace. :x
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Entirely possible.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Well sure, except for the fact they're usually accompanied by their significant other.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

The three types of women one is most likely to meet at the gun range are
a) somebody's girlfriend
b) somebody's boyfriend
c) batshit crazy.
Nota bene that there can be significant overlap between "c" and either of the other two categories.

If you want to meet women, go to a beauty pageant.
They're prettier than the ones at the range, no more neurotic, far more likely to be unattached, emotionally needy, and generally, unarmed.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
BDK

Post by BDK »

You forgot D) somebody's daughter.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

They're ALL somebody's daughter. If you want to know how they'll act or age, look at their mothers. If you want to live to see it, be very careful around them and their fathers. And batshit crazy is a random recurring variable at any age.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Or E) serious shooters

These are the women that are there for the shooting only, and not interested in meeting anyone. And they'll probably be tired of guys trying to hit on them and will have a very low tolerance for guys coming on to them.

That category also shows up at the gym, martial art schools or just about any type of male dominated training facility.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Erik wrote:Or E) serious shooters

These are the women that are there for the shooting only, and not interested in meeting anyone. And they'll probably be tired of guys trying to hit on them and will have a very low tolerance for guys coming on to them.

That category also shows up at the gym, martial art schools or just about any type of male dominated training facility.
I saw a pretty girl at the range one time shooting a S&W M41, I think it was. It was raced up a bit, and she was doing the single hand target stance. I couldn't decide which was prettier: her or the gun. I only admired the gun out loud, though.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Erik wrote:Or E) serious shooters

These, my friend, are unicorns.
And/or, you're a guy that's in their No-Go zone. I.e. if someone sufficiently cute, or possessed of a 9-inch wallet, or both, approaches them, they are suddenly available.
Write this down, lest ye forget. ;)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"