Fallout 4 announced

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
SoupOrMan

Re: Fallout 4 announced

Post by SoupOrMan »

Bought Fallout 4.

Installed it.

NOW the computer tells me "You need a computer better than me to run this game! Sorry!"
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

mekender wrote:
Jericho941 wrote:Pointless weapons like the laser musket.
Except you know, the most powerful sniping weapon in the game... 6 cranks of the handle, crouched and a headshot will kill any creature in the game even a Behemoth... Especially if you get a decent legendary stat on it.
Which makes it about as practical as open carrying an M82A1 on the daily. Considering I've yet to meet a Behemoth outside of the BoS rail shooter, I'd rather spend those 20 pounds and the crafting resources on just about anything else. There isn't a single companion that makes up for being min-maxed like that. I wanted to like the laser musket, I really did. I maxed it out, tooled around with it for a bit, and found myself using everything else. The laser musket wound up being a high-powered shotgun to start DPS on medium-to-close range targets. Shoot 'em with a charged musket, switch to something else to deal with the whole group. But with my sneak buffs, there's no reason to bring out the musket at all.

If this was FNV where you had ED-E, so you have the ability to detect and attack targets just on the game engine's draw distance so you could snipe invisible enemies, and had time to crank up again before a survivor closed the distance, yeah, it'd be worth it. But FO4 keeps the fights almost entirely in your face. VATS doesn't make up for it; follow-up shots in it always count as a one-crank shot no matter how charged your first one was. I got far more out of all versions of the Combat Rifle than I ever did out of the musket.
scipioafricanus wrote:I am in more or less the same boat. I have suck many, MANY hours into the game. I have done all the side quests and have all the settlements. The settlement bugs and attacks have driven me from the game. Managing them has become work, and that isn't fun. My defenses are insanely high, and everyone has combat armor/great weapons, but still they need my help to defend them? I am at the point where I have to choose sides [spoiler](Battle of Bunker Hill)[/spoiler], but I just don't want to play anymore...
Yeah, thanks to that one I seem to be committed to the Railroad, which makes me have to kill at least one faction that, again, I should be able to simply bring to heel. That said,

[spoiler]I was able to complete it against the Institute and then talk to Father and stay in their good graces. Okay, cool, but I'm still going to have to wipe the Institute out on this path.[/spoiler]
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Anyone get the new DLC? I am starting to get back into it, and don't know when to download and play it.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka