Sad Puppies and Gamergate

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
HTRN

Re: Sad Puppies and Gamergate

Post by HTRN »

JohnOC wrote: they do NOT want 4chan to notice the Hugos. Really Really NOT want.
They may not, but I do. If nothing else, than for the entertainment value. Anonymous freaked out Scientology, who has an army of lawyers and their intelligence organization. Against the namby pambys running the Hugos?

It would be like throwing Goldfish in a piranha tank. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

7. This either fixes a broken system or the Hugo Award becomes meaningless.
Like the Nobel Peace Prize?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Larry has a pretty good smackdown of G.R.R.M going on at his site. Mike also had some interesting, and funny, things to say.

Link
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Steamforger wrote:Larry has a pretty good smackdown of G.R.R.M going on at his site. Mike also had some interesting, and funny, things to say.

Link
I would call it less of a smack down and more of an explanation to someone who didn't seem to fully understand the motivation for Sad Puppies. Of course the media is already saying that Martin hates Sad Puppies and is misquoting him to further their own agenda.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

JohnOC wrote:Little issue on the timing, too.. This is the third year for Sad Puppies, but GamerGate didn't become a thing until 6 months ago.

But really, the bigger way you can tell GamerGate is not involved is that convention memberships needed to vote were only up by a factor of 4. If the SJW's think they have something to cry about now, they do NOT want 4chan to nitice the Hugos. Really Really NOT want.
I may have to post about it over there... :twisted:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Jericho941 wrote:Vox Day continues to be an utter embarrassment, and it's a testament to the validity of the cause that it thrives in spite of him.

Gamergate was started back in September, and the SJWs are hoping to conflate it with Sad Puppies to bring both down. Won't work.
Vox didnt claim any involvement or tue in with gamergate. Most people who find vox embarrasing usually dont read what he says and rely on liberals quotes and opinions.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

slowpoke wrote:Vox didnt claim any involvement or tue in with gamergate.
He's certainly sticking his nose in it a lot "as a game developer" for someone without any involvement in it.
Most people who find vox embarrasing usually dont read what he says and rely on liberals quotes and opinions.
I read enough of his blog to know why that is.

1.) He's an obnoxious ass who never misses a chance to declare himself a genius, a wolf among rabbits, a lion amongst mice, an eagle among sparrows, etc. There's no end to the flowery praise he'll heap upon himself.
2.) He deliberately uses obfuscating language so that he can twist away from counter-arguments and accusations while his hugbox praises his "very precise language." I've never seen someone past high school age brag so much about being misunderstood, who wasn't a country singer.
3.) He argues like a debate club sperglord, i.e. finger-waving over "you don't know the difference between rhetoric and dialectic" while ignoring the fact that if he doesn't, say, want people to think his dialectic is racist, he probably shouldn't employ racist rhetoric.

Basically, this:

4.) Stuff like this. He really needs to turn the ego down a notch and try staying in his lane for a bit.

There's no need to subject oneself to him. The liberals don't even need to make stuff up about him, given the material he keeps shovelling over to them.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Jericho,

Vox does have a big ego in his blogging, but honestly not any more so than Chris Byrne.

I did read that link you posted, and the unintentional irony of the the responses there is humorous, even though I think they, and you, are serious. If an article purports to answer someones questions, then it really shouldnt just say "This question is crap." instead of answering them. Especially if they're trying to imply the questions are easily answered. I dont want to take this too far off topic so I'll leave it at that.

Now even if he is just a successful troll, thats still something valuable against liberal opinion. Making fun off the left and showing them as fools does get results. And yes he does a lot of baiting of the left
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

The SWJ are now openly engaging in vote buying. They are using the cover of just buying a membership for anyone who asks, with no strings attached, but it's pretty obvious whats going one. Also just to prove that this is nothing new video of Harlin Ellison from circa 1995 had been found where he discusses internet vote buying for the Hugos. Fun Stuff