John Ringo "Black Tide Rising" series

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
dfwmtx

John Ringo "Black Tide Rising" series

Post by dfwmtx »

Finished with book 4.

Anyone feel the whole thing is still unresolved? Sure, they can make vaccines, and they liberated the Palin-esque Veep, but anyone else still wondering about things? Like what happened to Steve Smith's brother? What happened to the creator of the zombie virus? Does that guy ever get found and arrested/killed for releasing the zombie plague?

Supposedly there's fan fic out there, even a rumored book of short stories published.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
BobbyK

Re: John Ringo "Black Tide Rising" series

Post by BobbyK »

The universe isn't done, but the arc of the main characters (Steve, Faith, and Sophia) has closed. At least until the Muse demands that Ringo write more :)
toad

Post by toad »

There has just been too much Zombie themed stuff out there and I've gotten burned out on it. It just reminds me Democrats.
Malthorn

Post by Malthorn »

I get the feeling that Ringo did it on purpose in hopes of spawning spin-offs like the Posleen series did.
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

He mentioned that there was a story someone else was doing about Lt. Chin? I've wondered if that would be where the one who did the virus would get his. But yeah, somebody needs to tell us what became of the brother and so forth.

I've read a bunch of zombie stuff the past couple of years and I think I like Ringo's zombies the best. Too many zombie writers give us virus zombies that just don't die or even get tired. You can have a virus zombie or an undead zombie, but I don't like a zombie that is both of these at the same time. Ringo has realistic virus zombies that do die when they have no water. And he mentions how helpful winter is in places that have a real winter in cutting down on their numbers.