KILTS AND TARTANS, LADDIES!!!

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
blackeagle603

Re: KILTS AND TARTANS, LADDIES!!!

Post by blackeagle603 »

Did somebody say "Lumberjack?"

That's my cue!

Now for something completely different...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Greg

Post by Greg »

CByrneIV wrote:Yeah, seriously Greg... you've gone WAY overboard on this one.

It was fun, and amusing for a while, now it's not.
Hey, not my fault the buttheads keep picking fights.

Sure I seem to be taking a minority position, but I've supported every thing I said. If you weren't paying attention, I was also careful to qualify my every position in 2 different ways, one by openly admitting everything I said was *not* universally applicable (I even explained why) and also by being up front about admitting my biases, so people could evaluate my statements in light of that.

But the haters just gotta hate. And lose arguments. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Greg wrote:Hey, not my fault the buttheads keep picking fights.
skb12172 wrote:I'm trying to decide, for an upcoming function, which family tartan is most appropriate for me to wear. On my
Greg wrote: By all means, let us embrace tribalism. sigh
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:
Greg wrote:Hey, not my fault the buttheads keep picking fights.
skb12172 wrote:I'm trying to decide, for an upcoming function, which family tartan is most appropriate for me to wear. On my
Greg wrote: By all means, let us embrace tribalism. sigh
Lookin at you, Butthead Prime.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Did somebody say "butthead"?

That's my cue!
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Think the English would be up for any kind of family tweeds? I'm sure there's a pattern in there that would work for my family.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Denis

Post by Denis »

SoupOrMan wrote:Think the English would be up for any kind of family tweeds? I'm sure there's a pattern in there that would work for my family.
Lots of English estates have estate tweeds. No reason why you couldn't have one made. I can recommend http://www.islaywoollenmill.co.uk/
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

If you sell crafts in one of the craft booths at the Scottish Games here in America the other sellers (crafters? Crofters?) will tell you that you'll sell more if you wear a kilt. Dunno if that's true or if they just don't want to be the only guys wearing kilts in the vendor row. :)
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy