Whovians, despair or delight, Matt Smith departs

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
HTRN

Re: Whovians, despair or delight, Matt Smith departs

Post by HTRN »

CByrneIV wrote:So, who will be the next Who?.
Actors who I'd love to see, but will never, EVER play the doctor.

Simon Pegg(actually, for some strange reason, I think he'd make a better Master..)
Tim Curry.
Alan Rickman
Rowan Atkinson.. Waitaminute, he's already played the Doctor.. :lol:

What would be an interesting idea for the season, is somehow work it(poisoning, disease, etc) that he reverts back to his fourth incarnation, with each episode he "regenerates" until he hits his newest incarnation..

Why his 4th? Because Baker is currently the earliest version still living.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I realize he's not English - but, even if only for an episode or two - I vote Robin Williams.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Greg

Post by Greg »

I grew up on Tom Baker. I've never really been able to watch anyone else.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Louise Jameson(Leela), Matthew Waterhouse(Adric), Sarah Sutton(Nyssa) and Janet Fielding(Tegan) have all stated, either directly or indirectly, that Baker was hard to get along with.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Big +1 on Tom Baker.

As for Matt Smith, I liked him, better than Tennant. Smith really got me back into the Doctor. Well, him and Amy Pond. Mmmmmm. (and perhaps that's what Chris was alluding to).
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

There have been more than a couple of memes floating around teh intarwebz in support of Matthew Lewis. I'm rather interested to see what John Hurt can do with the role provided he's thrown a bone for more than 2 episodes. Sonic screwdrivers firing avada cadavers??? I like it...
Termite

Post by Termite »

My 2 younger kids are big fans. I like the show OK, but the anti-firearm bias irritates me.

Yeah, yeah...I know it's British. :roll:
CByrneIV wrote: Tennant played the loneliness, the cruelty and the vengeance under the cheerful charlie exterior.
David Tennant probably was the best character actor of the bunch. Probably 'cause he's Scottish?
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Greg

Post by Greg »

CByrneIV wrote:
Steamforger wrote:There have been more than a couple of memes floating around teh intarwebz in support of Matthew Lewis. I'm rather interested to see what John Hurt can do with the role provided he's thrown a bone for more than 2 episodes. Sonic screwdrivers firing avada cadavers??? I like it...
I just can't see Neville Longbottom as The Doctor.

Damian Lewis, Benedict Cumberbatch, David Wenham (yes, all gingers)... now there's an idea.
Robert Carlyle. Or maybe he'd be better as the Master.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Denis

Post by Denis »

+ whatever on Tom Baker being the best Doctor.

Replacement... Dan Stevens. A decent actor, and easy on the eye for the lady fans. All he needs is a pretty companion. Commence suggestions...
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

CByrneIV wrote: Oh and my favorite Doctor by far is Tom Baker.
I went to school with one of his sons. Fun factoid.

I loved Dr Who as a kid, must find some of the old episodes like the Sea Devils...the newer Dr Who's are unwatchable for me.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song