Buzz Aldrin Book Signing - San Diego, Wed., 05/22/13

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
308Mike

Buzz Aldrin Book Signing - San Diego, Wed., 05/22/13

Post by 308Mike »

From the SD Reader Online, we'll probably swing by there, since none of these guys have a lot of time left in them upon this earth. When you consider what they did and the dangers involved - YES, they are REAL heroes!!!! Eventually, there will be only ONE of them left, and then NONE:

SEMPER FI!!!
Wednesday | 22
BUZZ ALDRIN BOOK-SIGNING

This special after-hours event gives guests the opportunity to meet Buzz Aldrin, who, together with Neil Armstrong, became one of the first people to land on the moon on the Apollo 11 lunar mission. Aldrin and co-author Leonard David will be signing their new book Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration. Copies of Aldrin’s children’s book, Look to the Stars, is also available for purchase. Advance ticket purchase required. Only books purchased online through the museum will be signed. $29.
WHEN: 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: San Diego Air and Space Museum, 2001 Pan American Plaza, Balboa Park. 619-234-8291 x140, sandiegoairandspace.org.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Highspeed

Re: Buzz Aldrin Book Signing - San Diego, Wed., 05/22/13

Post by Highspeed »

Wish I could go :(
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Highspeed wrote:Wish I could go :(
Same here.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

308Mike wrote:From the SD Reader Online, we'll probably swing by there, since none of these guys have a lot of time left in them upon this earth. When you consider what they did and the dangers involved - YES, they are REAL heroes!!!! Eventually, there will be only ONE of them left, and then NONE:

SEMPER FI!!!
Did you go? How was it?
I went to a screening of "the wonder of it all" in Orange County somewhere, and saw Mr. Aldrin and a number of other Moon Astronauts.. Impressive.

And John Young has a sense of humor. In the Q&A he was asked if he could briefly describe the changes he experienced after he walked on the Moon.

After just the right pause, he said, "No."
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

I met Gene Krantz, does that count? :D

Seriously, they were men in those days.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Mike OTDP wrote:I met Gene Krantz, does that count? :D
Yes, it most definitely does :D
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Actually, met Krantz twice, once when he spoke at the Society of Flight Test Engineers dinner in 2009, a second time when he came down to Pax River for an extended version of that lecture.

Never met an Apollo astronaut, but I've met about a dozen guys who went on the fly the Shuttle.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Windy Wilson wrote:
308Mike wrote:From the SD Reader Online, we'll probably swing by there, since none of these guys have a lot of time left in them upon this earth. When you consider what they did and the dangers involved - YES, they are REAL heroes!!!! Eventually, there will be only ONE of them left, and then NONE:

SEMPER FI!!!
Did you go? How was it?
I went to a screening of "the wonder of it all" in Orange County somewhere, and saw Mr. Aldrin and a number of other Moon Astronauts.. Impressive.

And John Young has a sense of humor. In the Q&A he was asked if he could briefly describe the changes he experienced after he walked on the Moon.

After just the right pause, he said, "No."
Unfortunately, no. Events conspired to not allow us the ability and time to go see him - as much as we'd have liked to. What a shame as we were really looking forward to it. :(
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad