MHI Challenge coins

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Netpackrat

Re: MHI Challenge coins

Post by Netpackrat »

An update of sorts...

A few weeks ago, as a desperation tactic, I dropped a turd in Larry's blog comments. He had just announced something to do with MHN, and I asked why I should spend any money on that, when I still haven't gotten one of the lighters that I paid for. This garnered a semi-angry response, and the admonition that I should contact his minion seeking resolution (because I hadn't already tried that??). I did contact said minion, who responded almost right away (funny how that works), saying that he now knew what the problem was, and that he would get the replacement lighter out right away. Then last week, Larry posted a bit about how all the last dregs of the promotion had been sent out, so that he could now have HIS stuff. Towards the end of the week, I once again sent email to the minion asking if my lighter had ever been sent, because it has never showed up here. I have as yet received no response to this latest inquiry.

So yeah, it looks like at this point, I am out my $40 and am not likely to ever get my lighter.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Mail fraud is a heck of a thing...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

More direct intervention from Larry has resulted in his minion re-engaging. Says they sent it out on May 23rd, but it never showed up here. Said he will get another one out within the week.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I now have my lighter, and they tossed an MHI patch into the envelope as well. Thanks again to the individual who made a direct appeal to Larry to get this taken care of. I just wish it hadn't taken 8 months.