Next Larry Correia MHI Book

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Lokidude

Re: Next Larry Correia MHI Book

Post by Lokidude »

randy wrote:You left out the ninjas :geek:
And the same chick doing Teleporting Shotgun Rampage.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Goods2010

Post by Goods2010 »

Lokidude wrote:After having Larry sum it up to me, yes, must have the awesome precious.
You have the divine knowledge? I have been studying all the MHI books and the word nemesis like a rabid Mullah over a koran. Still nothing new uncovered. I cannot bring myself to ask the Great One for any hints about the story. Especially anything concerning Lord Franks.... The excitement is killing me...
skb12172 wrote:I'm guessing Larry's other books are as good as MHI? Serious question, asked out of ignorance.
Almost.... The problem I have is the more of his books I read the more everything else sucks. It has been hard finding anything similar to tide me over until I can get my MHI fix. Just finished Hard Magic and started Spellbound. Hopefully I can make Exodus and Warbound last me long enough for Nemesis to be finished.... Only temporary substitute I've found is Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. Hit or miss sometimes for me, but it works.
Rich wrote:Buncha junkies. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I NEED IT! JUST ONE TASTE! A SAMPLE CHAPTER MAYBE!
staylor

Post by staylor »

Have you tried John Ringo? His style is pretty similar; lots of guns and action and he is not afraid to have fun. In fact, I think he Corriea are slated to write a series together at some time in the not too distant future.
"Tyranny like Hell is not easily conquered yet we have this consolation with us, the harder the conflict, the more glorius the triumph"
Thomas Paine
Guncrazy

Post by Guncrazy »

By the way, Larry Correia's "Warbound: Book Three of the Grimnoir Chronicles" is out as an eARC from Baen Ebooks:

http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1929-warbou ... -earc.aspx

Just finished it. Haven't gotten anything else accomplished today, and don't consider the day wasted.
Goods2010

Post by Goods2010 »

staylor wrote:Have you tried John Ringo? His style is pretty similar; lots of guns and action and he is not afraid to have fun. In fact, I think he Corriea are slated to write a series together at some time in the not too distant future.
Limited selection of his work at local library. I happen to be allergic to outer space and majority of energy weapons (Yeah... Never was big on Star Wars). Hard Magic's Tesla weapons were okay. So that ruled out half. Picked one with a main character who was a Navy Seal with the nickname "Ghost". It was pretty darn good until I finished half of it. It went from "Cool" to "Weird" to "I think I'm reading the work of a dirty old b******".
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Goods2010 wrote:Limited selection of his work at local library. I happen to be allergic to outer space and majority of energy weapons (Yeah... Never was big on Star Wars). Hard Magic's Tesla weapons were okay. So that ruled out half. Picked one with a main character who was a Navy Seal with the nickname "Ghost". It was pretty darn good until I finished half of it. It went from "Cool" to "Weird" to "I think I'm reading the work of a dirty old b******".
Welcome to OH JOHN RINGO NO. :lol:
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
staylor

Post by staylor »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:
Goods2010 wrote:Limited selection of his work at local library. I happen to be allergic to outer space and majority of energy weapons (Yeah... Never was big on Star Wars). Hard Magic's Tesla weapons were okay. So that ruled out half. Picked one with a main character who was a Navy Seal with the nickname "Ghost". It was pretty darn good until I finished half of it. It went from "Cool" to "Weird" to "I think I'm reading the work of a dirty old b******".
Welcome to OH JOHN RINGO NO. :lol:
Yeah, the Ghost series is definitely where you do not want to start with Ringo.
"Tyranny like Hell is not easily conquered yet we have this consolation with us, the harder the conflict, the more glorius the triumph"
Thomas Paine
Jered

Post by Jered »

Goods2010 wrote:
staylor wrote:Have you tried John Ringo? His style is pretty similar; lots of guns and action and he is not afraid to have fun. In fact, I think he Corriea are slated to write a series together at some time in the not too distant future.
Limited selection of his work at local library. I happen to be allergic to outer space and majority of energy weapons (Yeah... Never was big on Star Wars). Hard Magic's Tesla weapons were okay. So that ruled out half. Picked one with a main character who was a Navy Seal with the nickname "Ghost". It was pretty darn good until I finished half of it. It went from "Cool" to "Weird" to "I think I'm reading the work of a dirty old b******".
Here's a few examples for you to try:

David Weber's Safehold Series
David Drake's Hammer's Slammers
David Drake's Belisarius Series
David Drake's The General Series
David Weber' Orfressa Cycle Series
Tom Kratments Carrera Series
S.M. Stirling's Draka Series
David Weber's Excalibur Alternative
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Add to the above list The Last Centurion. I haven't read a ton of Ringo, but that one is made of win.

"I have mysteeerious powers. Surrender now, and I'll leave you the use of your legs."
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Read you some Mad Mike (Michael Z Williamson.) Start with Freehold, then follow that with The Weapon and Rogue. The Ripple Creek Security books are in the same universe, but set something like a century prior. It's in space, but its pretty much advanced conventional weapons, as opposed to lasers. Every bit as pulpy fun as Larry, too.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!