Elementary of the Dead

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
moose42

Elementary of the Dead

Post by moose42 »

Elementary of the Dead is a short story that starts three years after a world wide outbreak. Mrs. Kate Morris a young redhead is the first grade teacher at William Jefferson Clinton Elementary (Yes the name is intentional, it adds to the irony.)

As is required of all school employees Mrs. Morris open carries a Glock 22 and has a Sig 556 leaning up in the corner.

The students learn their ABC's of survival. "A" being ammunition.

The school also has snipers on the payroll and Mrs. Morris has taken a liking to one.

Today the walls get breached and the horde makes it onto the school grounds but they're not here to play.

I have to say this pic kinda inspired me.

Comments here or on the Blog are appreciated. :D
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Come check out my blog where I share my crazy sci-fi and fantasy fiction.
Alone: King of One
tfbncc

Re: Elementary of the Dead

Post by tfbncc »

Excellent start. When's the next installment?
moose42

Post by moose42 »

We'll see.
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

staylor

Post by staylor »

You had to make the protagonist a young redheaded women didn't you? I have to admit, you know your audience.

BTW, I am still a little pissed that the hot redhead in King of One died a sudden and gruesome death... :evil:
"Tyranny like Hell is not easily conquered yet we have this consolation with us, the harder the conflict, the more glorius the triumph"
Thomas Paine
moose42

Post by moose42 »

What I have no idea what you mean? What does it matter what hair color... okay you got me. So I like red hair. :D

As for Heather in Alone: King of One dying I chock it up to Steven King syndrome.

The bomb in The Stand that kills a bunch of characters was done to make things easier.

:oops: I ended up with too many characters so she had to go. I've learned a lot since then. I think. :?

Thanks for reading and your comments.
--Me

moose42

Post by moose42 »

Chapter 2 is in the works.
--Me

staylor

Post by staylor »

"The bomb in The Stand that kills a bunch of characters was done to make things easier."

Then someone needs to nuke the latest George R R Martin book. The list of characters is a book unto itself.
"Tyranny like Hell is not easily conquered yet we have this consolation with us, the harder the conflict, the more glorius the triumph"
Thomas Paine
randy

Post by randy »

I liked it
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
moose42

Post by moose42 »

I need REDSHIRTS! :twisted:

Give me a name, it doesn't have to be your real one.

Give me a pre contagion profession, and a post contagion one.

And most importantly what firearms your REDSHIRT(tm) uses.

First come first serve.

I need ZDF soldiers, teachers, janitors, you name it.
--Me

Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

Gerald F. Ferguson, formerly CPA, now Instructor-Weaponry 101, carries Glock 22

Warren Iskandar, former construction contractor, now school-guard armed with M1 Garand.

Tatiana Karamov, former Russian Air Force Cosmonaut at ISS, now EastBloc weapons expert and DSHK Machinegunner
(Escaped from damaged ISS with two others in Soyuz, landed near school. Carries antique 1911, shares cartridges with Allison)

Guy Mendez, Corporal, USMC, now school guard,(In love with Tatiana) armed with SKS.

Allison J. Boyll, former housewife, now MAC-10-packin' ration-scrounger(lunchroom lady)

Toshio Yukawa, physicist, former Japanese Astronaut on ISS, now electronics instructor and surveillance system improvisor.
(Carries M-4 carbine.)(See Tatiana above)

"Mac" Wemsley, motorcycle mechanic, now generator operator and part-time school guard, packs Ruger Super-Blackhawk in .44 Magnum.

Haley Glover, Senior Master Sargeant, USAF,(Ret.) now defense coordinator, carries MKIII Webley and cavalry saber.

That's a start.
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity