Whatcha reading redux.

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Captain Wheelgun

Re: Whatcha reading redux.

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

randy wrote:
The major complaint in the Amazon reviews seems to be that most of the story in this book is back-room and back-channel intrigue and politics, as well as espionage and other forms of skulduggery,
So apparently they've never read any of David Weber's other stuff?
Speaking of which, the E-ARC of "Uncompromising Honor" is up on Baen's web site. I'm about a third of the way through it now. :ugeek:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Finished Alliance Of Shadows on a flight today. Started Angeleyes by Mad Mike... It started off kind of slow, and then I thought I was reading Ringo there for a minute... :shock:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Netpackrat wrote:Finished Alliance Of Shadows on a flight today. Started Angeleyes by Mad Mike... It started off kind of slow, and then I thought I was reading Ringo there for a minute... :shock:
Yeah, the main character is kind of a whore, sleeps her way around space. But eventually she hooks up with a Grainne military ship, so she's doing it for patriotic reasons. And when I say she hooks up with the ship, she literally hooks up with a significant percentage of the crew while she is aboard.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Never going to read this in quite the same light now. Thanks, Mad Mike.... :roll:

Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Netpackrat wrote:Never going to read this in quite the same light now. Thanks, Mad Mike.... :roll:
Does Ivan make an appearance in one of his books?
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cobar wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Never going to read this in quite the same light now. Thanks, Mad Mike.... :roll:
Does Ivan make an appearance in one of his books?
Angie will not fucking talk about it. Ever.

toad

Post by toad »

Does anybody know where I can find a collection of short stories by Verner Vinge?
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Working my way through Ringo's Posleen series. Just finished Gust Front.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
evan price

Post by evan price »

EE Knight.. Vampire World.. just started reading it.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Fiction: Honor Among Enemies by David Weber. Going through the Honor Harrington series again.

Non-Fiction: Silent Victory: The U.S. Submarine War Against Japan, v.1 by Clay Blair, Jr.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus