Simple way to set up a blog w a pay wall?

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
BDK

Simple way to set up a blog w a pay wall?

Post by BDK »

For my own entertainment, I think I want to start writing a blog

Couldn't care less if anyone reads it, and if the regulars here want to read it, and I actually bother with writing some stuff, I'll send y'all a pass code.

But, I don't like the idea of disseminating my writing for free, and I don't like data mining.

Ideally, I could set it up to take Google, Amazon, PayPal, Apple, etc

Charge $1/article, $5/month, $12/year.
Precision

Re: Simple way to set up a blog w a pay wall?

Post by Precision »

as a rule blogs are free. People will not read them if they have to pay, especially a new unknown one. I think there are things that are private blogs. As in membership only that might accomplish your desire to keep out the riff raff.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Yeah, what precision said. There is so much free content out there, I don't even register for free "news" sites that require a login.

Write what you want. Make it available to us if you want. But charging for a blog ain't gonna work these days.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I've been blogging for ten years or more, and I blog to amuse myself, not anyone else. Regular readers know that I use the blog for lots of things, like which mixer valve I have in my shower. I also know when I put it in.

I use the blog for lots of things, for rants, for humor, for reminiscing. I don't know that anyone makes any money off blogging, with the possible exception of Instapunit, who has an Amazon partnership link.

But, no, I wouldn't pay money to read a blog. When I run into a paywall, I simply click out.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
BDK

Post by BDK »

Thank you for the input. Mainly, I wanted to just have it private/have a means of controlling dissemination
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I've seen blogs on WordPress that were private (needed owner permission to view). Not sure of the mechanics, but it can be done.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!