Chinese Premier Upset over balls and sockets

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
toad

Chinese Premier Upset over balls and sockets

Post by toad »

It seems he has found out that China doesn't have any company that can make the balls for a ball point pen. I did a little looking and the ball not only has to be precise and hard but they also require a texture to help hold the ink. Apparently it was cheaper for Chinese manufacturers to just buy balls and sockets then do the assembly work. The materials used seem to be tungsten carbide, steel, and for throw a way's, some use brass.
evan price

Re: Chinese Premier Upset over balls and sockets

Post by evan price »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ElX4PUUsja0
Speaking of Chinese balls & sockets...
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Reminds me a bit of how the Soviets copied the B-29 from some that were interned during WWII.

Their sheet metal industry apparently couldn't roll sheet aluminum as thin as their American counterparts, so they built the planes out of thicker metal and beveled the edges to make things fit. The performance of the Soviet copy was notably reduced versus the American due to the extra weight.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Langenator wrote:Reminds me a bit of how the Soviets copied the B-29 from some that were interned during WWII.

Their sheet metal industry apparently couldn't roll sheet aluminum as thin as their American counterparts, so they built the planes out of thicker metal and beveled the edges to make things fit. The performance of the Soviet copy was notably reduced versus the American due to the extra weight.
Wasn't that they couldn't make it as thin, it was US was made in fractional inch thickness and Soviets used Millimeter based. So they could go to thin or too thick. The engineers tried to re-engineer it for their industry, and Stalin sent them to the Gulag for that since he wanted an exact copy. I like the leading edge bullet hole pre drilled though. :lol:
"Islam delenda est" Aesop