Amazon Prime Air & Jeremy Clarkson

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Darrell

Amazon Prime Air & Jeremy Clarkson

Post by Darrell »

Clarkson, Top Gear star, is now a pitchman for Amazon Prime Air, their drone delivery service:

https://youtu.be/MXo_d6tNWuY

It's da futah.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
toad

Re: Amazon Prime Air & Jeremy Clarkson

Post by toad »

Darrell wrote:Clarkson, Top Gear star, is now a pitchman for Amazon Prime Air, their drone delivery service:

https://youtu.be/MXo_d6tNWuY

It's da futah.
I really, really hope they feel the pucker at my local post office. BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA. What are they thinking about those extra large drop boxes they took the locks out of and sealed at my apartment mail boxes, hmmmmm? Oh, the package that was too big for my mail box, so you'll just mark it "attempted do deliver" and to try and force me to go to your post office to pick up. Since I quit Amazon prime over this issue, and fire off multiple gripes to them as have others along my street, maybe Amazon is sending you a message. How many customers will this cost you and can you really afford to lose any?
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Since Amazon is now funding Clark and co. and the continuation of Top Gear after the BBC unceremoniously dropped the show, it's not surprising he's doing some spots, and probably getting paid handsomely.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
toad

Post by toad »

Hmm, what's Amazon going to do about large packages?
"Look up in the air it's an MD-80 with a sling load." , " Nah, it's an Amazon super drone taking a load to HTRN."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Bwahahaha.. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

JustinR wrote:Since Amazon is now funding Clark and co. and the continuation of Top Gear after the BBC unceremoniously dropped the show, it's not surprising he's doing some spots, and probably getting paid handsomely.
The Beeb didn't drop the show, they dropped Clarkson, May and Hammond. BBC owns the rights to the (name of) the show. It will probably return with a new host or hosts.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

The BBC might own the shows name, the Clarkson etc. own the shows soul. They can call the show whatever they want, people want to watch Clarkson, May and Hammond do car stuff, not whoever the BBC digs up to replace them.
randy

Post by randy »

Kommander wrote:The BBC might own the shows name, the Clarkson etc. own the shows soul. They can call the show whatever they want, people want to watch Clarkson, May and Hammond do car stuff, not whoever the BBC digs up to replace them.
Witness the pathetic re-make that (History Channel IIRC) attempted with American hosts. The episode I watched was almost a carbon copy of an original BBC episode. As my FIL would say, I watched that show twice, first and last time.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
toad

Post by toad »

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/am ... -business/

I notice the article didn't mention Amazon's problems with the USPS.
BWAHHAHAHAHA!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Kommander wrote:The BBC might own the shows name, the Clarkson etc. own the shows soul. They can call the show whatever they want, people want to watch Clarkson, May and Hammond do car stuff, not whoever the BBC digs up to replace them.
All Roadkill needs is their own Stig, and they'll have surpassed topgear in every way, at least in my opinion.

Freiburger even takes the occasional potshot at Obama about the crappy ethanol laced gas.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt