Lyft taxi service.

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
toad

Lyft taxi service.

Post by toad »

I've tried this once. It cost 1/2 what Uber does approximately and they show up within 15 minutes of when you use request a ride over the down load app for a smart phone. Your smart phone links with the Lyft drivers smart phones.
https://www.lyft.com/
I have no sympathy for the local Taxi service since they seem primarily interested in servicing the airports and when you call for one they can be off by as much as an hour late even if you make an appointment a day in advance.
If you are a good driver and have a decent vehicle it might be a way to pick up some extra change.
These services that are sliding between the cracks may help break down the regulatory state of the centralized bureaucrats. :?:
I have my good days and my bad days and it looks like some of my bad days are going to be to rough form me to drive.
So I'm thinking about letting my car go and depending on Lyft and the bus service to get me around.
Jericho941

Re: Lyft taxi service.

Post by Jericho941 »

They also let you tip your driver through the app, something Uber doesn't do. In fact, if offered a cash tip, Uber expects its drivers to gently refuse and only accept it if the rider insists.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

...and Lyft doesn't have a putz for a CEO.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

toad wrote:These services that are sliding between the cracks may help break down the regulatory state of the centralized bureaucrats. :?:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Thanks Toad, I needed a good laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
toad

Post by toad »

Well as Judy Tenuto says: "It could happen!"
Of course Dick Morris just said Hillary would be indicted. Given his dislike of Hillary and such, I'm somewhat discouraged about his prediction.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Medallions in NYC are down as a result of Uber/Lyft type services from 800K+ to under 100K. So there's that.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Termite

Post by Termite »

New Orleans city council and taxi companies are having shit-fits over Lyft. They claim they are refusing to let peer-to-peer transportation applications like UberX, Lyft and Sidecar to operate; but in reality, the services have just gone "grey market".
NOLA city council can no more stop them, than Hollywood can stop movie sharing. All they can do is fine unlicensed cab drivers...... if they catch them.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

They've caught hundreds of them in the NY metro area.

The fines were large, and they seize the cars.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Considering that NYC taxi medallions cost (Dr. Evil pinky to lips) ONE MILLION DOLLARS up until last year (this year they're around $805,000) I'm not surprised that stuff like Lyft and Uber are happening.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds