The curse that is Brother wirless printing

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Greg

Re: The curse that is Brother wirless printing

Post by Greg »

Denis wrote:
HTRN wrote:Or you could spend 40 bucks and buy this. ;)
Those are the business! I have personally put tons of paper through those. If I could find one that cheap here, I'd be right onto it...
Had one a lot like that one at work 15+ years ago. We'd put several reams of paper through it every week, and it held up fine for years.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

toad wrote:Since I can't ride the bike that far or carry that printer in Lewisville on the motorcycle, I'd have to rent a vehicle. Then I'm pretty sure I'd have to spring for toner. by the time you add up the costs.......It either mail order or haul my cart to Wally World or Sam's. :lol:
A cartridge costs 25 bucks and lasts for thousands of pages. A cheap vehicle rental is going to what? cost you 40 bucks?(zipcar)

So worst case scenario, it will run you a hundred bucks, the same as your wally world special. Only you're getting a Peterbilt, instead of a Geo Metro.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
toad

Post by toad »

HTRN:
You've given me some good ideas, but it will be about 3 months until I can implement. So I'll have to nurse what I've got for a while I'm looking at about 3 more trips to the urologist at $45 a visit, and a new pair of eyeglasses. The eyeglasses will be "free" if I just get bifocals, but if I want anything extra I have to pay extra, continuous curve and such.
Wrenchbender1

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

After watching my Uncle almost go Attila the Hun on the latest in a long string of cheap, chain store printers, I picked him up a OKI B431dn. It's been a year or so since I bought it, and he hasn't complained about it once. No idea if it does wireless though.
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes
Rich

Post by Rich »

Check out the HP 1022. Mine's been running for over ten years now without a glitch, while remanufactured toner cartridges are running about $12 each.from Amazon.

I may go wireless in the future, but if I do, I'll use a little Trendnet wireless USB print server I have laying around and the same printer. ;)
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I must be the exception. I have a HP Officejet 4632 that I bought from Costco a couple years ago. Now, I'm not a heavy user, nor do I have "mad tekk skillz" but it has been just fine for me. Wifi setup took all of two minutes, minus the time the machine was thinking about things. Every device in the house can and does use it with no problems. It does black and white, color, scans, copies, faxes, and has never given me a hiccup. It also does duplex and has a document feeder. It cost me all of $125, I think, way back when. Of course, we're pretty mainstream, we all only run various versions of Wondows, from 7 to 8.1. YMMV, I'm just glad I haven't had THAT particular demon chasing me. Mine are other versions, like a $2500 laptop that blue-screens intermittently, or a wifi adapter that wouldn't maintain a connection. But the main machines are (mostly) trouble-free, except for Mrs. O's laptop. But her machines always have a nervous breakdown sooner or later. I think it's an anomaly in her body's electromagnetic field, or at least that's what I tease her with.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.