BIT thread number ?

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Rod

BIT thread number ?

Post by Rod »

I've been thinking about this a little and wondered if it was feasible, legal, and fairly simple. Since there are literally hundreds of places and countries where guns and knives aren't allowed, what about a collapsible cane made of steel instead of aluminum? I was thinking kind of like the ASP but bigger. Are they already out there?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Yogimus

Re: BIT thread number ?

Post by Yogimus »

Not much use as a cane, and no benefit over a chunk of oak.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Yogimus wrote:Not much use as a cane, and no benefit over a chunk of oak.
I've carried canes on airplanes before and they're a hassle to handle. The ASP idea was just an example, I'd probably go for more of a drop and lock type, sort of like a camera tripod leg, just a little heavier and more sturdy.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

I would go with a pre-scored cane that contains a sharp edge that can be snapped open. Blunt objects have trouble opening arteries.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Clobber twice, cut once.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I was traveling once when my knees were hurting and I had a collapsible hiking staff set to cane height. TSA goons handled it and studied it with simian grunts then asked me if I'd made it myself. It had an REI sticker on it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D