The Science Of Shit Part 1

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
blackeagle603

Re: The Science Of Shit Part 1

Post by blackeagle603 »

I ever tell you the one about the cannibal that passed his brother in the woods?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
AggieWalt

Post by AggieWalt »

I "shit" you not but in her talks she calls the concoction re-poop-ulate. We started to work on some of the virulence factors in C. diff recently and all I have to say is that it is very well adapted to mess up your immune system to propagate the infection.
Apathy rules with an iron fist so we must strike back with steel resolve.
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

From what I've read, this does actually work, but how does one even come up with "fecal transplants" as a treatment for anything? "Here, take a dump in this bucket. We'll shove it down the patient's throat and see if that fixes the problem."
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

I dunno, it seems like a fairly straightforward solution once the problem has been correctly identified.
Greg

Post by Greg »

kapikui wrote:From what I've read, this does actually work, but how does one even come up with "fecal transplants" as a treatment for anything? "Here, take a dump in this bucket. We'll shove it down the patient's throat and see if that fixes the problem."
Once you start approaching the tract as an ecosystem, it kind of follows naturally. No better way to take a portable sample of the inhabitants of the ecosystem, than to take a sample, if you follow. Kickstarylt a sickly ecosystem with some immigrants from a healthy one.

I always thought they put it up the chute as a suppository. Much safer.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

As someone who has had dysentery, I have to admit that I'd have swallowed almost anything if it would make the gruesome poopies stop. There were times when it seemed that The Almighty had designed the human body with the head bigger than the a**hole mainly to keep me from shitting myself wrong-side-out, which, at some points, had seemed a definite possibility.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

kapikui wrote:From what I've read, this does actually work, but how does one even come up with "fecal transplants" as a treatment for anything? "Here, take a dump in this bucket. We'll shove it down the patient's throat and see if that fixes the problem."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:Once you start approaching the tract as an ecosystem, it kind of follows naturally
Pretty much - whenever I started up a new aquarium, I often used change water from an existing aquarium as a "starter" to kick start the nitrogen cycle. Hell, when my brother had the big(125 gallon tank), coupla times, I didn't need to cycle at all - just filled the small new aquarium with water straight from it. Then all I had to do was wait for the bacteria to take hold in the various media..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt