Android risks when upgrading from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean?

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
SoupOrMan

Re: Android risks when upgrading from Gingerbread to Jelly B

Post by SoupOrMan »

I bit the bullet and picked up a Samsung S4. I paid for it in full so I could prevent losing my unlimited data plan through Verizon. that stung just a bit.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Problem is that I bought it at the Verizon store, so I'm not entirely sure what's locked and what isn't.

While it doesn't have all the news sources I want, Flipboard is a pretty nice app.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Greg

Post by Greg »

I do feel pretty bad for folks who need Verizon and don't have someone else paying for it.

If their coverage can work for you, the combination of Tmobile and Nexus devices is pretty hard to beat. The Nexus 5 just came out, is a truly monster piece of hardware and would have been substantially cheaper.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:The Nexus 5 just came out, is a truly monster piece of hardware and would have been substantially cheaper.
The only thing the Note 3 has over the Nexus 5 is more memory(3gig vs. 2) and a 5.5 inch screen vs. a 5 inch...

Oh and a 300 dollar price difference(at least for the 32 gig models).. :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

CByrneIV wrote:
Greg wrote:I do feel pretty bad for folks who need Verizon and don't have someone else paying for it.
Yeah... don't I know it
+1 :(