The New C7 Corvette driven...

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
bubblewhip

The New C7 Corvette driven...

Post by bubblewhip »

And it seems to be everything it was hyped up to be. Might actually give the new 911 a run for its money... for half the price...

New body, new interior, new gearbox, new engine. Unlike old corvettes, this actually seems DONE in the first year its out, unlike the C4, C5, or C6 which when it first came out still neded work.

Christ, the V8 sound is unmistakable and is hypnotic.
Aglifter

Re: The New C7 Corvette driven...

Post by Aglifter »

Corvettes always did give 911s fits, for half the money - the ZR1s especially ran away from almost everything else.

They're still Communist crap, though.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

If only it didn't look like something a 9 year old drew in the 80s....

Well..., ummmm..., err...., It's those 9 year olds in the 80's who are coming into the money to finally buy a new 'vette.

It is a business after all. ;)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Slightly OT, but if you're after sexy engine sounds, a Merlin, Griffin, or Double Wasp are really where its at.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Meh. It's still a Corvette. Never liked them.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

PawPaw wrote:Meh. It's still a Corvette. Never liked them.
I had a 1971. It was rather unstable at speeds of 90+ (the front end got all "floaty" in a very real and disconcerting way) , slow cooked you from the feet up, and wasn't mechanically amazing at all.

Yes, I realize there's a world of difference between the two, but I still wouldn't consider one today.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I want to like the car. I've gotten somewhat used to the styling. I still do not like the tail lights, too evocative of the Camaro IMO. I wonder what Jeremy Clarkson will think of it--he seems to have something of a love/hate relationship with past Corvettes.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Corvettes are Corvettes. They are big, brash, brutish and undeniably American. Compared to Euro sports cars, they are the haymaker-cannons in the midst of sweet-science fighters. Thing is, the haymakers are landing a much higher percentage of late.

Styling? Meh. I loves me some GT-R. But it has the styling of a boy-racer on 'roids. Form follows function. If you want the ladies to admire your curves, buy an Aston.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Steamforger wrote:Slightly OT, but if you're after sexy engine sounds, a Merlin, Griffin, or Double Wasp are really where its at.
+1
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
TheIrishman

Post by TheIrishman »

rightisright wrote:They are big, brash, brutish...Compared to Euro sports cars
They're really not all that big when compared to Euro Supercars. Lambos and Ferraris aren't really any smaller, just as loud and not at all comfortable on long drives. Compared to a Porsche, M3 or even the Audi R8 your comparison is spot on.
Formally the IrateIrishman