Gamer thread (Steam ID-s)

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Jericho941

Re: Gamer thread (Steam ID-s)

Post by Jericho941 »

toad wrote:From what I read the computerized gaming industry is attracting a lot of talent for story lines and such. It is claimed they are a lot more original that what is coming out of Hollywood.
Uh, Furry's running wild through a military scenario....Pass.
Excuse me, I have to leave now, I've got a date with a Bowman's Wolf.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The Bowman's wolf reference is to FreeFall, an online comic where the main character is a genetically engineered wolf that works as a starship engineer, and seems to be one of the few characters in the strip with more than a half ounce of common sense, including the robots.. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
toad

Post by toad »

Just to make things clear the Bowman's Wolf in Free Fall is female and goes by the name of Florence Ambrose. She is somewhat naive, never lies, displays a beta loyal to the pack operating mode, and she is scary smart in a lot of areas. If you can look past the scary set of choppers and the lack of boobs....I mean how many women can you distract by throwing something and shouting fetch.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Voice acting in games has really taken off as well, developing a fan base where people are attending conventions to meet voice actors of characters from video game franchises. I recently attended a panel at Emerald City Comic Con that contained Jennifer Hale (Commander Shepard of the Mass Effect Trilogy) and Quinton Flynn (Reno of Final Fantasy). It was probably the best panel I had ever seen at any con. Jim Cummings was reading Darth Vader's lines from Empire in Winnie the Pooh voice.

Empire Movie Mash-Up

Video sucks, but audio is bearable. I estimated 5,000 peopled attending this panel (Washington State Convention Center Great Hall, standing room only.)There's something inherently disturbing about a Pooh/Vader mash-up. I enjopyed it thoroughly.