My new favorite cocktail

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
FelixEstrella

Re: My new favorite cocktail

Post by FelixEstrella »

Was in a bar in NC recently. Ordered a "Sapphire Martini, straight up, no olive". The 'tender brought me something like what you described. Really bitter taste, with a slight orange color. Ugh. The vilest thing I have ever tasted. I should have given it back and demanded a "Sapphire Martini, straight up, no olive", but I'm not that kind of guy.

Ugh .......
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

1oz Bombay Sapphire Gin with just a hint of Vermouth shaken over ice is my favorite way to do a Martini. No bitterness at all.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

CByrneIV wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote:1oz Bombay Sapphire Gin with just a hint of Vermouth shaken over ice is my favorite way to do a Martini. No bitterness at all.
If you don't taste the slight bitterness from the aromatics and botanicals in bombay sapphire, then there is something off about your bitter palette which is not uncommon. It is very common in fact for people to have "odd" or what are called "atypical" perceptions of bitterness.
Probably from years of abuse by spicy food. ;-)
Blogspot
picsig
Drone 7 of lots more

Post by Drone 7 of lots more »

I'm perfectly happy with Barton's Gin, Wal-mart's house brand tonic water and a quick spritz out of the Realime bottle. Cheap Bohemian bastage, eh wot?

<- off to the veranda to watch the natives being restless. 8-)
1991A1

Post by 1991A1 »

CByrneIV wrote: Other people quite enjoy dogfish heads 120minute IPA (one of the most bitter beers in the world).
I was given several bottles of said beer, and was ready for the bitter, hop infested flavor which I love. It turned out that it had been aged for 7 years and it was the most amazing, sweet, slightly syrupy flavored stuff that I have ever consumed. In fact, I over consumed. The stuff knocked me on my ass.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

I'm fond of gin for my mixed drinks. Gin & Tonics, Gimlets, Martinis... My newest favorite, though, is the Green Vesper. 3 measures gin (I use Hendrick's), 1 measure vodka (I use Tito's), and half a measure absinthe (I use Lucid) shaken over ice, and served in a martini glass with a twist of lime peel for a garnish. I usually don't bother with the garnish when I fix them for myself, as I don't usually keep fresh limes on hand.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.