Every bloody time....

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Vonz90

Every bloody time....

Post by Vonz90 »

.... I go on deployment something hit the fan back at home right after I get where I am going. The dog is sick as all get out, has spent the last 1.5 days at the vet getting IV's and whatnot and might or might not make it. And wife/kids are all upset/crying/knashing teeth.

To make it worse, youngest daughter has surgery coming up (not a big deal, its been scheduled a while now) and wife will have to deal with that vice the dog since obviously she is higher in the table of priorities. I guess we will what happens, but WTF? this crap seems to happen every time I go somewhere.

Nothing to be done, I'm just venting.
Bob K

Re: Every bloody time....

Post by Bob K »

Vonz,

Having had many cats and dogs over the years, I sympathize from the depths of my heart. It don't get easier. I'm turning 62 next week, and it doesn't get easier. But would I trade the love of all those quadrupeds? Probably not.

I hope things work out for you and yours. You're not alone on this one.
"Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery." Unknown

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Oderint dum metuant." ("Let them hate, so long as they fear.") Accius
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Crap. Here's hoping they both come out of it ok.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Well, apparently Otto (aka "the dog") has K9 Addison's disease. It looks like it is treatable but how he responds to the medication in the next day or two will determine things. I'm praying for good results as I like the dog and particularly since I don't want to try and cheer up the wife from 12,000 miles away.

Ilse's back home and doing well to, but that wasn't the big deal of it all. We knew she would be fine.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Well apparently Otto was too far gone by the time the diagnosis and correct meds were administered and had to be put down last night.

Oh F******* well.....
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Prayers up.

May the God of all comfort comfort you and yours and give your wife grace to manage the homefront well in your absence.

My four legged choc lab buddy, Bosco, may be just days or weeks from being put down. I made the mistake of watching Marley and Me recently. :oops:
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

I have to believe that when we get to wherever it is we finally end up, all the furry companions and best friends we've loved and shared lives with will be waiting for us. I know that I wouldn't be me without my dogs, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. My condolences, Vonz. Godspeed to your friend, and peace to your house and your family.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!