Oh snap!

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Jered

Oh snap!

Post by Jered »

Last night, we had a busted pipe in the well. I dug it up, and we found one of the fittings had been pulled apart. Here's what did it:

That's a piece of a tree root that I found while I was digging up the pipe.

Here's the fix:

4 ninety-degree angles, and it's good as new.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Rumpshot

Re: Oh snap!

Post by Rumpshot »

Ain't PVC plumbing great to work with!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

They allow you to use PVC for water for domestic use?

Here, everything is copper, but PEX was recently approved by the state, so I expect the contractors to start using it on either new construction, or major remodels, It's just easier to install.

What I like is the PVC gas and electrical pipes. Doesn't rot, easy to assemble...

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

In most of the country, almost, if not all, plumbing is PVC...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

In most of the country, almost, if not all, plumbing is PVC...
For drainage and waste water, yes. Not for water supply. 22 years in the residential construction business in NJ and I've never seen PVC for supply lines. It's all copper here. Except for the unlucky folks who had polybutylene installed years ago. http://www.pbpipe.com/

I suspect PEX will be gaining quite a bit of popularity because it is much easier to work with than copper.... once you pay for the $300 crimping tool.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

rightisright wrote:For drainage and waste water, yes. Not for water supply.
Yup. I think I first noticed PVC drain pipe here in the mid 80s(of course, that's about the time I started paying attention to such things). My vintage 1971 basic box has all cast iron drainage..

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

Apparently it was when we had the well drilled.

The PVC pipe runs from the well to the house. The plumbing in the house is copper.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.