Retirement?

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
randy

Re: Retirement?

Post by randy »

Congratulations!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Re: Retirement?

Post by blackeagle603 »

Got property here 2 years ago next week. 3 on 1. Big house an old barracks that was bought for salvage and relocated/modified. Thought we'd be living in that place but wound up with a change of plans/vision for that property. All were under contract with renters so I let it be. Even though I liked being outside town on a creek.

Finally catching my breath and able to relax a bit while in Texas. Though the 2 "cabins" need a lot of work. I can concentrate on working outside stuff for now. Doing that at my leisure and able to leave renters alone. Got hooked up with an semi retired painter/finish guy that I work really well with. Finally turning the corner on sweat equity and getting to point of improving curb appeal (exterior paint etc). Even with market down a bit the place had a lot of potential for bump in value from the price we paid.

Been back and forth more times than I can count now -- rehab'ing and getting renters back in. Basically a week or two each month. Most of those times driving from San Dog. Last winter/spring was like picking a scab on the interior in big house after renter bailed (and left a mess of course). 40 years of neglect and questionable interior decorating had to be dealt with. Worst of it was 1 bath and kitchen water damage/moldy wood. There nothing to do but keep demo'ing until all the bad was gone.

Wound up getting a 2 bdrm (+attached 1bd/1bath casita) in town that was a flip. Wife fell in love with it. First house in 40 years of marriage that she won't have to live in while I remodel. Only problem is the *VLBF's that swarm the yard and neighborhood. Kinda hard on the garden... I'm thinking city limits be d*mned. I'm getting a bow.

*Very Large Furbearing Varmints (of the White tail and Axis variety)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story