Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
308Mike

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by 308Mike »

Mike here. I've always been a fan of the .308 round, and my first competition rifle was a Remington 700 BDL with a bull barrel in .308 (see attached photo from an old 110 film camera), and I was shooting steel silhouette targets which made a very satisfying "CLANG!" when you hit them and then toppled over, so that's why I choose this for a handle/username.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

MarkD reporting in!

Computer programmer (legacy systems) by occupation, shooter, model train enthusiast and fisherman by inclination. Possessor of a small collection of firearms. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world (IMHO anyway), no children, one cat (down from three). I live in NJ which sometimes makes me grumpy, work in Brooklyn NYC which makes me grumpier.
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

308Mike wrote:Mike here. I've always been a fan of the .308 round, and my first competition rifle was a Remington 700 BDL with a bull barrel in .308 (see attached photo from an old 110 film camera), and I was shooting steel silhouette targets which made a very satisfying "CLANG!" when you hit them and then toppled over, so that's why I choose this for a handle/username.
That is really pretty wood on the Remington...

It isn't stock is it? Looks like feather grain maple...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
DoctorSuarez

Post by DoctorSuarez »

Doctor Suarez here. I'm a TV/Film writer in L.A., who spends his non-shooting hours gaming, yelling at my Mets, and adjusting to life in the post-carb era.

Started out as an anti-gun Liberal, went to College, THEN began my education, emerging as a small-L libertarian who favors guns, drugs, property rights, and same-sex marriage. And Cuban food. But that's not really a legal matter, I guess.

I don't get to the range nearly enough, so if any of you are from SoCal, please help get me off my lazy ass.
sam

Post by sam »

sam here. I'm an IT geek who lives in the Sacramento area. Guns and computers are my main hobbies. Other than that, it's reading, watching what's on my TiVo, and occasionally wakeboarding.
HirosStorageUnit

Post by HirosStorageUnit »

Howdy all,

I'm Jim. I came here after seeing a post on Chris Byrn's blog and figured I would register.
Im of course a shooter, reloader and currently building AKs now.

Im a member on a few other forums and I hope my reputation is good.

cheers
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Hello,

Just a boring guy who hangs around on the forum sucking up knowledge.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Weetabix checking in.

Professional: I'm a civil engineer in the heartland. I do lots of stormwater work, sanitary sewers, sites for buildings, etc. Several years ago, I found that being an income-producing unit wasn’t stressful or fulfilling enough, so I started a new firm with a partner.

Recreational: I’ve found great joy in collecting and shooting military surplus firearms.

Overall: I’ve evolved into Barack and Michelle Obama’s worst nightmare – a self-reliant small businessman independent of government aid, clinging to his religion and his guns.

I guess you can’t please everyone.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
BobTheWitch

Post by BobTheWitch »

BobTheWitch,

I have a degree in Chemical Engineering, and have spent my entire professional career working with computers. I currently help secure systems and networks for a large employer here in Gainesville, FL.

I enjoy converting money into noise and smoke, Martial Arts, Pen and Paper Role Playing games, and some Computer games.

I am married with three kids and a rapidly changing menagerie.

If you are coming through on the way to Disney, we are about 15 minutes off I-75
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

Fivetoes here, small business owner in Parkersburg WV.
hoping for success of the new forum.