Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
DougWojtowicz

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by DougWojtowicz »

I liked Aesop's posts too.

Sure, he ticked me off a few times, but, most often, he had his heart in the right place.
sam

Post by sam »

randy wrote:Well, damn. I'm going to miss Aesop. He has a lot of good information to share, and while his style can, take a little getting used to, I find him entertaining and never boring. His heart's in the right place even if I didn't always agree with him on particulars.

Hopefully he'll check in eventually, at least once in a while.
+1

Aesop, come back!
esa5444

Post by esa5444 »

HTRN wrote:Eugene hasn't really said anything since his "Here I am" post either..

HTRN

I have been reading the forum, but I have just been way too busy to comment much. School starting, idiot co-workers, damned communist zombies, you know how it can be.
Jeffro

Post by Jeffro »

esa5444 wrote:
HTRN wrote:Eugene hasn't really said anything since his "Here I am" post either..

HTRN

I have been reading the forum, but I have just been way too busy to comment much. School starting, idiot co-workers, damned communist zombies, vodka to be swilled and cigarettes to be smoked, you know how it can be.
There, fixed it for ya.
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

Shane
esa5444

Post by esa5444 »

In Soviet Russia, cigarette smokes YOU!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote:Well, damn. I'm going to miss Aesop. He has a lot of good information to share, and while his style can, take a little getting used to, I find him entertaining and never boring. His heart's in the right place even if I didn't always agree with him on particulars.

Hopefully he'll check in eventually, at least once in a while.
Yeah, I always enjoyed his writing, even when I didn't entirely agree with him; always fun to read (and steal lines from!)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
JKosprey

Made it

Post by JKosprey »

Hey there-dunno if this is a new fourm, or just the place where all the old members of the NOR came to, but I'm another NOR transplant. My name is Jim, I'm a 20 yr old EMT from NY. Right now I'm at Ft. Sam Houston Texas for Combat Medic school as an army reservist. I'd love to meet with and shootwith anyone in the area-I have an off post pass on sat/sun.

Looking forward to a good time here
Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

Yo, Muddogg here.

I'm in my mid-twenties, and I work as a 'smith for large company. Just moved from Eastern NC to the Motor City a few months ago for this job. All around gun geek, otaku and on occasion, idiot. ;)

Sometimes I'll be posting whilst drunk, though I'll try to keep that to a minimum.

My gun collection isn't very large right now, I had to sell several so I could stay in school. (How ironic is that: Selling your firearms to go to a Gunsmith school?) It will probably increase in later months, but inbetween the staggering rent and student loan repayments. Of course, I'll have to get a Michigan CCP once 6 months have passed(Stupid laws). Thankfully my NC CCP works here so I'm good until 2010. Just can't buy a pistol unless I get a permit, which is a pretty big hassle IMHO.
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Mud_Dog wrote:All around gun geek, otaku and on occasion, idiot. ;)
Are you sure that's really what you wanted to say?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

308Mike wrote:
Mud_Dog wrote:All around gun geek, otaku and on occasion, idiot. ;)
Are you sure that's really what you wanted to say?
Otaku is extremely negative in meaning as it is used to refer to someone who stays at home all the time and doesn't have a life (no social life, no love life, etc)
That pretty much sums it up...
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)