Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
arkythehun

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by arkythehun »

Shawn McManus, a.k.a. arkythehun, here.

Between here and the various KdT sites, I've been around since 2004. Today was the first day I clicked on "The Kitchen Table" though.

I live in the Dallas area of North Texas. Because really... Life is too short not to live it as a Texan.

I've a wife (15 years next week!), three kids, three dogs, and a cat. I really just have the bare necessities regarding firearms: two rifles in .3x calibers, a shotgun, and a pistol that fires europellets. My wife and kids also have firearms and I have a .22 Ruger MkII, but I don't those in my collection.

I have a pseudo-political, pseudo-everything else blog:
http://arkythehun.blogspot.com

and an online story that encapsulates many of my views on politics (allegory warning) and sundry other topics

http://www.survivorsofthevirus.com/wp_app

Everything I do professionally is too boring to talk about with most humans but if you use a cell phone in North America or Europe for anything other than voice communications, chances are you are using a system that I've at least touched.
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Hello from rural Colorado, front slope side. Pow is good. Bang is better. Boom is best. We are lucky enough to have our own range so we do all three. I ski, ride my Harley, hunt, fish, camp, raft white water and shoot stuff. M1 Garand, Colt Ar 15, S & W revolvers, Sig semi autos, Beretta, a bitey little German PPKS, etc, etc. Black powder cannons and mortar round out the toys. Ex PD. I like my neighbors, the farther away, the better......... - Mark
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Bob K

Post by Bob K »

Well Mark, it's about goddam time you got here & introduced yourself.

Welcome, and have fun. This is the greatest board out there.

Best,

Bob K
"Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery." Unknown

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Oderint dum metuant." ("Let them hate, so long as they fear.") Accius
randy

Post by randy »

Welcome aboard!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Welcome!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
shooter z

Post by shooter z »

Howdy folks I'm in Dallas area [just moved here from South Carolina] and before that born and raised in Maine. Right now unemployed due to several medical problems I used to be an armed and unarmed security officer/supervisor,retired firefighter and am an amatuer radio operator. who shoots when possible.
AZMARK

Post by AZMARK »

Welcome aboard
My favorite story of his ended with "...and so he went out the back door in his bathrobe, flipped the AK to 'Afrikaner', and started hosing the baboons off his tennis court." - Tam
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Welcome to our little corner of the net.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

shooter z wrote:Howdy folks I'm in Dallas area [just moved here from South Carolina] and before that born and raised in Maine. Right now unemployed due to several medical problems I used to be an armed and unarmed security officer/supervisor,retired firefighter and am an amatuer radio operator. who shoots when possible.
Welcome. You will find a little bit of everything somewhere on this forum. There are also at least 4 other Hams. :lol:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Welcome, keep in mind if you post a lot and then all of a sudden quit, we may come find you, other than that we are pretty normal, more or less.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.