Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
4merUSMCinSC

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by 4merUSMCinSC »

Never got around to joining the Gun Thing. Found today it was gone, followed the directions and here I am.

New to the shooting sport, haven't shot anything but a shotgun since the 70's. Just picked up a new Kimber 1911. Looking forward to seeing if I can still shoot.

Computer programmer by trade, current hobbies include baking, reading and Harleys.

Located in central SC.

Hope the forum does well....I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

4merUSMCinSC
DwightG

Post by DwightG »

I'm a product design engineer without credentials, part time crackpot inventor and unintentionally dour curmudgeon. I have a small manufacturing business that alternates between full time and part time depending on other opportunities. I like to design things, make things, and fix things (if I can't fix it, it ain't busted). I also do a bit of hobby farming with old tired equipment, or as I prefer to call it, "vintage agricultural re-enactment". Wife, two kids, 3 grandkids, 3 dogs, 3 cows, some cats, and possibly more Krags than Rod. I try not to be an SOB but sometime slip up (apologies in advance). My youngest grand daughter thinks I'm OK so I'll go with that image ;)

Thanks Chris & Crew for setting this up. I think this will be a great place.

Dwight
Ben Rumson

Post by Ben Rumson »

Ben Rumson here.

New site looks great! Seems easy enough to navigate as well. Thanks too all those who made it possible.
Spatially Adjusted

Post by Spatially Adjusted »

Whew! Made it back home! :P

Glad to be here, and thank you Chris and crew for continuing the legacy.

Well, I'm Spatially Adjusted, aka... oh, that's already been done.

For reasons I won't go into directly I need to keep my name under wraps until the City of Atlanta vs. GeorgiaCarry.org case is settled. Suffice to say, I am employed at a very, very busy airport and have more than a passing interest in this case.

In a former life I was on Active Duty with the Army for 23 years, primarily in the mapping and surveying field (hence the stage name and avatar and, yes, at one time we did issue sextants).

I'm married (just celebrated year #29 yesterday!), two daughters, one soon-to-be son in law, two dogs, one cat and one African spurred tortoise (a birthday present that went awry).

I like guns, particularly military long arms and S&W pistols, military history, maps, travel, photography and just being with my family. Proud member of the VFW, NRA and GeorgiaCarry.org.

I have a standing offer to take any newbie shooting who wants to meet me at a nearby range. I'll provide the ammo, guns and range. You just have to provide the interest and be willing to stand a mandatory gun and range safety lecture first.

Glad to be here!
Rod

Post by Rod »

Bullspit wrote:Bullspit here. I'm a college professor who shoots and hunts, thus an endangered specie living in a tenuous environment but not subject to the protections of the endangered species laws.

I get jealous when Rod mentions Krags.

Most of my shooting is in the game of Cowboy Action Shooting. I live in California, for now, but one day I would like to return to Arizona, or go someplace where more sanity, and fewer people reside.
If you come to Rumpshot's Revenge I'll let you shoot my carbine. :twisted:
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Thanks guys, for getting the new forum up and running. I figured we had a few more months, but I can understand why they chose to close it down.

I figure I'll use a pseudonym for now, being that my employer has a mild antigun bent.

I was first Stankshooter, then FrankII on the Gunthing. I live in Indianapolis, IN. Married, no kids, two cats, two nephews. I like things that go bang, catch fish, and compute. I am weakly handy with hand tools, and I do most of our cooking. I also have a moderate interest in photography and telescopes. I work in the IT department of a large hospital in Indianapolis, working with servers and multiuser applications.

I do not like pina coladas or getting caught in the rain.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Ok, here's me, out past the corner of No and Where, in North Alabama. I live in a partially-restored old house that was originally a two-room dogtrot cabin built in 1868, (Driving nails into 140-year old red oak logs defines "exercise in futility") on 10 acres, which I share with The Boss, three dogs, two cats, and three horses. Kids are grown and gone, scattered from hell to breakfast, or from Gulfport to Kaneohe, depending on how you look at it.

Did eight years active duty Air Force as an intel weenie (several varieties) and 16 years Air Force Reserves, still in intel, before finding the best job in the military -- First Sergeant, which I did for another five years before finally pulling the pin. Currently working in a steel mill, with volunteer duties on the local VFD/EMS as an EMT, SAR team leader (mounted and ground), technical rescue team leader, and junior underassistant flunkey, 3rd Class.

Hobbies include: staying ahead of The Boss's honey-do list, farrier duties for myself and my neighbors, minor gunsmithing, hunting, shooting in general, reloading (to include casting bullets) gardening, cooking, hanging out with the assorted shooters, looters, and ne'er-do-wells on the former gunthing, and anything else that will keep me out of honest work.

If ya'll ever get the St. John Moses of Browning figurines going, put me down for three.

And thanks to the Four Horsemen, for giving us a new place to hang our hats (or assless chaps, as the case may be.)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Eagle here, also known as Andiceman on some forums, although I doubt anyone knows me as I've been in lurker mode online for the last couple of years due to severe time constraints--work and school plus two kids under 5. I'm a CPA, but don't ask me about your taxes--I'm a finance type at a large public company. Working on my MBA at Univ of Texas-Austin and hoping we get Campus Carry passed in the 2009 session (although I'll have graduated by the time it passes).

Looking forward to seeing The Gun Counter be successful!
1991A1

Post by 1991A1 »

Peasant gun fanboy of little acclaim (and worthy of such), I'm 1991A1. I own and shoot Mossberg shotties, SKS'S, AK's, and NEF single-shots. I had to sell the 1991A1 Colt when I needed money more than the Colt, but never changed my tag. Hell, I can barely type, so it wasn't worth the effort.

I'm a painting contractor for the rich and famous in Aspen (where the beer flows like wine and the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano). I ride my mountain bike and hunt things, as well as collect antiques. I discovered the oldest fossil mammal tracks in the world.
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

Morsetaper. Notice that it's t-a-p-e-r. Not a reference to amateur radio, CW, or telegraph. Posts directed toward me in Morse Code will be met with puzzled looks-then ignored.

Apart from boomsticks I have interests in photography and woodworking-particularly woodturning (hence, morsetaper). I cut meat in order to buy guns, powder, and bullets.

Member of JPFO and NRA Life member, and proud of it.

Living in Northern Virginia, with a bird's-eye view of the train wrecks known as the D.C. City Council and United States Congress.