Good news for JK and family

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
JKosprey

Good news for JK and family

Post by JKosprey »

So, I've loosely posted about my wildlife degree and my struggles in finding steady work I could afford to do. Last year I went back to my earlier career of EMS. I took a job with a busy commercial EMS agency to fill the gaps and started a second degree with the intent of knocking out prerequisites for PA school.

While in the process, I realized that nursing school was a better option. PA school has a gap year (and a half) before starting. As a married 29 year old, we're hoping to start a family sooner rather than later, and nursing school could be started this very fall....and the further educational options (BSN, MSN, NP) are all designed for the working nurse. This means I can earn money while still working my way up to mid-level practitioner.

The Mrs. is from New Hampshire, and we've wanted to move back for quite awhile now. Today I got the first (of hopefully several) letters of acceptance. I've been accepted into a nursing program in New Hampshire, and will finally be leaving New York within the next few months!

I'm poor as shit, so I can't reap the benefits now. But I'm looking at:
-No income tax
-Constitutional Carry
-Class III unrestricted
-28-state reciprocity with a $10 optional permit

And of course, a direct path to a career where I can finally earn a decent living and start a family.

No real point here, but I wanted to share the joy. Cheers, all!
Jered

Re: Good news for JK and family

Post by Jered »

Congrats!
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

JKosprey wrote: -No income tax
New Hampshire does have higher than average real estate taxes, so be sure to enquire about the annual tax bill when looking at property. :geek:

The big downside of New Hampshire is if your anywhere remotely feasible as a commute to Boston, you'll have Massholes living next to you. :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Congratulations
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

My sister eventually went the nursing route and is a nurse anesthetist (sp?) now. She makes about double what I do as a Project Engineer. For a 30-40 hour week. No nights , weekends, hearts, or heads. A friend of hers from school working down in El Paso came in at almost $400k this last year hustling some crazy OT.

Like she says though, "Putting them to sleep is easy. Waking them back up again is the important part."

Congrats on the move and acceptance!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Steamforger wrote: Like she says though, "Putting them to sleep is easy. Waking them back up again is the important part."
Like emergency medicine: Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round. Any change in that is a bad thing!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Nice! We vacationed in lovely New Hampshire last year. It was delightful. And nursing, from what I've been told, is a good gig - especially if you progress as you plan to.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Precision

Post by Precision »

Getting out of NY
Getting a line on getting paid better
Access to cool gunny stuff
Getting your Constitutional Rights back.

It is a damn good bit of news.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Post by randy »

Cool! Congrats
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".