An Update

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rumpshot

An Update

Post by Rumpshot »

Some general and some not so general thoughts.

First off, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year. I hope it brings you great things.

We had the kids and grandkids at the house for Christmas. It was great. I think Grandpa was the first to bed each night, then the first one up the next morning.

We got to make a trip to the desert one last time. Saw lots of "extended" family at Roger's. Steve & Sue came out and spent yesterday afternoon with us. We had a wonderful visit. Made a "soft" appointment for early April.

I delivered the title to Bud's tunnelbuggy that I have had for 30-35+ years. It is back in the family! Les has custody and plans a full restoration like in Bud's day.

That was the primary reason for the trip. Returning a day early is because of an unscheduled appointment.

I saw my Pulmonologist on Thursday about the spots on my lungs. He walked in with the cheerful news that it probably is cancer. He then looked closer at the CT scans and turned to me and said, these are growing too fast for cancer! He suspects there is some sort of infection. That is GREAT news. The early return is so they can do a Broncostomy in my lungs on Tuesday morning and determine just what is going on.

The week of the 8th, I have 7 appointments. The following week on Tuesday I will have my surgery. A full Laryngectomy. I will henceforth and forever more be a "neck breather." There are several options for speech. We will explore all of them.

I am not looking forward to this procedure, but what I am going through right now and the prospects if we chose radiation or chemo are not nearly as good. Radiation and/or chemo would be palliative treatment with little or no chance of curing the cancer. The surgery does not offer any firm promises, but could stop the cancer.

Again, not looking for sympathy, just keeping you abreast of where I am.

I am however very gratified, and thankful for the sheer number of FaceBook friends I have that respond.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
randy

Re: An Update

Post by randy »

Hang in there! Good luck with the procedure and here's hoping for the best possible outcome.

You know we are all pulling for you.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

randy wrote:Hang in there! Good luck with the procedure and here's hoping for the best possible outcome.

You know we are all pulling for you.
+1
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

My dad always said "the fight's not over until you quit fighting." Keep swinging, amigo, we're pulling for you!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Best wishes!
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Best of luck. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

First Shirt wrote:My dad always said "the fight's not over until you quit fighting." Keep swinging, amigo, we're pulling for you!
Absolutely!!! If I had a spare larynx, I'd give you one. With my current condition, I couldn't come over to give you a hand no matter how much I'd like to. So, take care, and know that we're praying for you!! SEMPER FI!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Bronchoscopy went well this morning. I was checked in at 6 am for an 8 am procedure. They read the clock off at 8 am, 3-4 minutes later I was asleep. The time in recovery was short enough that we went across the freeway to watch "The Last Jedi" on IMAX and 3D at 9:45 am!

Results in 3 days and probably more results in 2-3 weeks.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona