Upcoming Staples Removal From Hip Surgery

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
308Mike

Upcoming Staples Removal From Hip Surgery

Post by 308Mike »

As I posted previously, my hip replacement surgery is healing well, as is my recovery. If everything goes right, I'll have my 24 staples removed, which are keeping my thigh closed. After all (I've been told), chicks dig scars, RIGHT??? I asked my wife about it, telling her it was from a knife fight (the doc won, he had the advantage of a willing participant and an anesthesiologist too), but she wasn't buying it - gee, I wonder WHY???!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I've attached a photo of my left thigh and hip area where the incision and repairs were done. All 24 staples are going to be removed by my nurse on Tuesday, and since it's a nurse and not a Dr., I'm guessing it shouldn't be any kind of a big deal - no matter what a staple-remover does to the paper when you're removing a staple. A fellow Gun Counter member assures me it's no big deal, since he had more staples removed than what I'm facing, so I'll go with his experience.

I'm just hoping for the swelling to go down more than it is now BEFORE I get my staples out - the skin around the incision is still fairly tight (but I'm hoping by Tuesday it has decreased even more). Please remember, my surgery was on 12/19/17 - less than 2 weeks ago. Perhaps my recovery is a good argument for more of these surgeries to be "Out-Patient", *IF* they qualify.

[spoiler]
IMG_7132_Hip_Replacement_Staples_9_Days_Post-Op.jpg
[/spoiler]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Frankingun

Re: Upcoming Staples Removal From Hip Surgery

Post by Frankingun »

Ouch. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Shades of MCB Agent Franks. Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Frankingun wrote:Ouch. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
THANKS!!! I'm already feeling MUCH less pain than I was before the surgery!

Check out my bruising, 11 days post-op.
IMG_7134.JPG
IMG_7137.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Amen!
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.