Xmas 2017 Loot

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rod

Re: Xmas 2017 Loot

Post by Rod »

The joy of getting exactly what my wife wanted and a 12 ounce coffee cup that says "Caffeine is the new black".
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Same thing I got last year: bills. :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

Bear Spray
Kerosene Heater
Memoir '44
a Canteen cup lid
a Miter saw
a flint and steel
an emergency tarp type thing.
an Amazon gift card

I used the card for 8mm Mauser RCBS dies.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

Christmas in the little valley was quiet and peaceful. Loot includes Volume 4 of Sluggy Freelance, a set of nesting-dolls from Russia depicting Soviet leaders, a much-needed riding-mower jack from Harbor Freight, a BUNCH of plaid flannel shirts, a new web-belt for my dress-blue uniform, and several varieties of chocolate. :mrgreen:
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Mrs NPR got me a gift certificate at Alaska Tactical that I used to buy a stand for one of my steel targets. In-laws gave me a Dewalt set with both a driver and a drill, brother gave me a brick of subsonic .22 ammo and a dry bag, says there is something else that hasn't arrived yet. One of the kids gave me a Yeti soda can cooler that seems to be a whole lot more effective than one of the foam insulated ones like I normally use. Coupla books and a few other things that I am forgetting about at the moment.

Then I ordered the dust eater I mentioned in Does Not Follow, which actually shipped today to my surprise. Then just now I ordered the last of the odds and ends I needed to finish my 16" 300 Blackout AR that started with an AAC barrel that I found heavily discounted a year or so ago, plus an extra Aero Precision nickel boron BCG for my 300 sbr to replace the phosphated one that gets crudded up after just a few hundred rounds and shuts down the rifle (because it shits where it eats).
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Got some Amazon gift cards. Family came over for lunch and my lesbian aunt gives everyone a pair of scissors.

Scissors.

I had to excuse myself for a bit. You can't make this shit up
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Yeah AlaskaTRX and I have a relative who gives similar "WTF" gifts. I looked up this year's odd gift on Amazon, where it goes for about $10. The dollar amount isn't important at all except that I felt bad that they spent good money on the items which are destined to be binned.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

The $$$ amount didn't concern me at all, and they do at least seem to be useful.

"Scissoring" is a lesbian thing. I'll leave the Googling of it to the adventurous.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

A present I wish I didn't need - a new left hip.

The bruising is coming through all the swelling now. I've always loved multi-colored tints of human skin..... :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Greg

Post by Greg »

Pretty much just a new cell phone, a bit of 'Merry Christmas to me'. But that's plenty.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr