School Me On Classic Cocktail Ingredients

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
HTRN

Re: School Me On Classic Cocktail Ingredients

Post by HTRN »

One of the things many of you are not realizing that in the case of liquor, the price has less to do with quality, than succesful marketing - i refer you to grey goose

Anything that doesnt require any lomg term aging, expensive ingredients, or complicated methodologies should be cheap(I'm looking at you Vodka), but often isnt, as humans often conflate price with quality, add in sophisticated marketing that plays on that, and you get a fair bit of spirits that are grossly overpriced. If you look at my list, you'll note that everything on it has 3 thing in common compared to more popular brands in the same category, for the most part - equal or better quality/taste, a lower price, and almost nonexistant mainstream marketing. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

HTRN wrote:One of the things many of you are not realizing that in the case of liquor, the price has less to do with quality, than succesful marketing - i refer you to grey goose

Anything that doesnt require any lomg term aging, expensive ingredients, or complicated methodologies should be cheap(I'm looking at you Vodka), but often isnt, as humans often conflate price with quality, add in sophisticated marketing that plays on that, and you get a fair bit of spirits that are grossly overpriced. If you look at my list, you'll note that everything on it has 3 thing in common compared to more popular brands in the same category, for the most part - equal or better quality/taste, a lower price, and almost nonexistant mainstream marketing. :ugeek:

Yup, yup and yup. The only vodka in my cabinet is Sobieski and Pinnacle. I bought a case of Pinnacle for $15 a handle.

Friend of mine has a friend whose wife will only drink Grey Goose. It's a running gag that he refills the Goose bottle w. Smirnoff every time they visit.
evan price

Post by evan price »

HTRN wrote:
evan price wrote:Absolut vodka.
Is a 15 dollar a bottle vodka thats sold for 30 dollars a bottle because of marketing. There are better vodkas for less money.
One of the only vodkas that didn't give me a headache the day after.

However yesterday while looking for something in my rv i found 2 1-liter bottles of Iceberg vodka i bought at a Canadian duty-free years ago and forgot about. No headache this morning so they are on my good list too.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Luksusowa Polish Potato Vodka.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.