Where did I go wrong...

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Vonz90

Where did I go wrong...

Post by Vonz90 »

...as a father. The boy service selected Marine Air.
randy

Re: Where did I go wrong...

Post by randy »

Maybe it's his mothers fault?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Did he ever get dropped on his head, when he was small?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

First Shirt wrote:Did he ever get dropped on his head, when he was small?
As a matter of fact - he was.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Vonz90 wrote:
First Shirt wrote:Did he ever get dropped on his head, when he was small?
As a matter of fact - he was.
You're off the hook. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

At least he went into the part of the Marines that will teach him a trade (I assume piloting and not maintenance?). Downside of that is it means eventually another marine in my industry.

Also on the bright side, it probably means he is going to make captain at least a couple times in his life. Not sure if that will make his navy dad happy or annoyed though, given the difference in the ranks between the two services. :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Yeah baby, go Swing with the 'Wing!

Any idea on what field? I realize the Gyrenes don't guarantee a school/MOS per se like the Nav but they'll commit to some general category like mechanical or electrical, no?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

If he winds up at Miramar or even Pendleton you know he's got an open door here at our place for some offbase sanity time.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603 wrote:Yeah baby, go Swing with the 'Wing!

Any idea on what field? I realize the Gyrenes don't guarantee a school/MOS per se like the Nav but they'll commit to some general category like mechanical or electrical, no?
USNA service selection, so he will be a pilot (assuming he gets through TBS*, flight school, etc.)

*The Marine Corps is the only organization in the English speaking world to abbreviate the word "the"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote:USNA service selection, so he will be a pilot (assuming he gets through TBS*, flight school, etc.)
See, that's not so bad. Most airline pilots are dicks regardless of where they came from. Present company excepted, of course. :D
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop